The Mobile Passport app speeds you through U.S. Customs when entering the USA at 26 airports and 3 cruise ports!
Officially authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, MOBILE PASSPORT allows U.S. and Canadian passport holders (on B1 or B2 visas) to submit their passport control and customs declaration information via their iPhone or iPad and bypass the regular line to enter the United States. This app effectively replaces the traditional blue-and-white paper declaration form required of all travelers entering the U.S. by air or sea.
1. Complete your profile with basic passport information.
2. Answer CBP’s questions about your trip.
3. Submit your information UPON YOUR ARRIVAL and get a receipt from CBP.
4. Follow the signs to the dedicated Mobile Passport Control lane.
5. Scan your receipt and show your passport to the CBP officer.
MOBILE PASSPORT service is currently available at:
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL)
- Baltimore-Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport (BWI)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Newark International Airport (EWR)
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- San José International Airport (SJC)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- William P. Hobby International Airport (HOU)
- Port Everglades (PEV)
- Port of Palm Beach (WPB)
- Miami Seaport (MSE)
with more airports and cruise ports to follow.
U.S. and Canadian citizens (on B1 or B2 visas) are eligible to use MOBILE PASSPORT. Household members who are traveling together may be included in a single submission.
Submissions must be sent upon arrival at the port of entry. Receipts are valid for 4 hours. Receipts may NOT be re-used or transferred.
****YOU MUST ENTER YOUR NAME AS IT IS ON YOUR PASSPORT.
****MOBILE PASSPORT IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR YOUR PASSPORT. BRING YOUR PASSPORT!
+ Minor improvements and bug fixes
Your reviews & feedback are important to us. If you like our service, show us some love with a 5-star rating. We are always happy to hear your ideas & suggestions – email us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Worth the download!
I don’t even remember how I found out about this app but so glad I did! When we got back to DFW from a trip to Mexico today they didn’t say anything to us about going through customs nor did they give us the papers to fill out. They just made us get off the plane and go to a bus that took us to the international terminal. We saw one sign in the hall after getting off the bus that mentioned global express and mobile passport so we stopped and opened the app right there (I had downloaded it before we left). Super easy and fast to use! We used one account for both of us and it worked great! Once we got to the customs area we saw a small sign near global express that said mobile passport but it wasn’t really close to the actual line but the ropes were green instead of black and we asked the officer standing there if we could go in and she said yes. I think the signage could have been better but since we were looking for it we found it. They funneled us in with the global express people, which they seemed to not like, but it was so fast! The officer never looked at the app though. He just scanned our real passports. But that didn’t matter because being able to say we had the app got us in a short line and skipping the line with 200 people in it. We were through customs in less than 15 minutes. You need to download this app if you’re traveling internationally!!
Saved us quite a bit of time
My wife and I used this for the first time yesterday in Houston after a trip back from Germany. We arrived along with over 300 other weary travelers in a 777. Since this was our first attempt at using this app we were concerned as to how easy/hard it would be to use, and if it would be obvious where we needed to go. As it turned out, our fears were in justified. I turned on my phone when we landed, and before the plane made its way to the gate, I had a receipt for my wife and I. When we got to the customs area, there was very good signage leading us to our customs agent. When we got there, there were two agents processing passengers. There were about 5 or 6 people ahead of us, and it took less than 5 minutes to pass through. This is the fastest we have ever made it through customs. My only worry is that, as the app becomes more popular, the wait time could actually be longer than normal if the number of agents processing travelers isn’t increased proportionately. The way Houston is set up right now, passengers are directed to the far right of the area to the last two booths. The only way they can expand is if they take booths from international travelers. My hope is that customs officials keep this in mind a popularity increases, as if they don’t, people will stop using the process.
This app is a great start in helping you get through customs quickly. Two areas where I think improvements could help are; you have to submit form within 4 hours of entering port of entry. Other than Mexico and Canada most international flights take more than four hours to get to states so you can’t do this ahead of flight . I was able to submit form once I landed in US and could connect to internet and did receive confirmation quickly so it did work but was a bit hectic at time of deplaning.
Second area of improvement is the human aspect of app. We were getting a lot of misinformation from the airport personnel at OHare about where to go and which line to get into. They sent us to global entry which didn’t have mobile passport but a man there knew where to send us. But then after queuing through that maze they sent us to a numbered kiosk (which was seconded by another person) that was unmanned. A Customs Agent at another kiosk kind of yelled across to us that nobody was there and to come to him. But seriously, the second person who confirmed was within 30 feet of kiosk she said we should go to and could see there was no one there.
Anyway, barring that, we got through customs much faster than other members in our party that didn’t use the app. I will use this again and be better prepared for what to look for. Learning curve :-)
- Airside Mobile LLC
- 93.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Airside Mobile Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Mobile Passport plus $14.99
- Mobile Passport plus $13.99
- Mobile Passport plus $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.