HiNative - Learn languages from native speakers!
By Lang-8, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HiNative is a global Q&A community for language learners and people that are curious about the world.
Ask questions, get answers, and connect with native speakers from over 170 different countries!
Audio Uploads - Want to check your pronunciation? Curious about a certain area’s accent? Need some handy phrases for your upcoming trip? Just record your questions and ask with your voice. Let the world hear you!
Question Formats - Asking questions made simple. All you need to know are the words, phrases, or sentences that you need help with and HiNative question formats will do the rest, automatically translating your questions into other users’ native languages.
Pictures - Not sure how to write something? No problem! Some questions are better understood with a picture. Signs, menus, labels, and even that rad Chinese character you’re considering getting a tattoo of--just snap a picture and ask away.
Get Suggestions - Traveling soon? Moving abroad? Ask the people in your destination the important questions that only locals can answer. Get tips about local customs, famous landmarks, the cheapest (but tastiest) restaurants, or anything you want.
Unlike a dictionary or web search, HiNative gives you customized example sentences, responses to your follow-up questions, and tips to improve your pronunciation. With HiNative you get access to the best resource for language learning: native speakers. And as a native speaker yourself, you can help out too!
With over 110 supported languages, HiNative brings the entire world to your fingertips. It’s never been this easy to connect, help, and learn. Try HiNative today and change the way you study languages for the better.
HiNative is run by the creators of Lang-8, one of the most successful and popular language learning websites available, with over a million users worldwide.
The iOS version of HiNative finally has Premium features!
Premium Users can:
1: Play every voice answer, even ones to other users’ questions, increasing your opportunities to hear the pronunciation of real native speakers. Listen, study, learn.
2: Use bookmarks to gather your favorite questions and answers into an easy-to-navigate, simple list that you can search by keyword. Never lose track of important questions again.
3: Receive 10 Premium tickets per month to give your questions priority listing in the feed. Questions asked with a ticket stick to the very top of the question feed, get highlighted, and receive more answers on average. Awesome.
4: Search. Everything’s better with search. Search your old questions and bookmarks to find the information you want, faster.
5: Get notifications for any question. Stay up-to-date with the questions you care about without having to answer first.
6: Get access to the many Premium-only features that are still in development! If it isn’t listed above, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do :)
Premium Subscriptions cost $9.99 USD per month.
- Payment will be charged to user’s iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription will renew automatically unless Auto-Renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- User's Account will be charged for the following month if cancellation isn’t made 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and Auto-Renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Subscriptions for the current month cannot be canceled.
FAQ about HiNative Premium Service:
How to Unsubscribe a Premium Account:
What's New in Version 6.0.0
- You can now ask questions about other countries and regions of the world!
- We also improved connection issues and fixed a ton of minor bugs including:
- Removing ads from users' Answer and Like lists on their Profile pages.
- A bug that caused the Mention list on questions to get stuck to the page.
- A bug with the display of the keyboard and stamp icons.
- A bug signing users out when they changed their email addresses.
- A display issue with the question creation screen when a picture is attached.
- A bug causing page titles to change when certain buttons were pushed.
- Adding titles to each of the separate Profile pages.
- Making it so that tapping the language tabs will scroll you back to the top of the question feed.
Great Platform for Language Questions
This app is amazing. If you have any question about a specific language, it's usually answered within a few minutes to hours (unless you asked a hard/weird question in an obscure language). The only downside is the app itself is a bit glitchy, sometimes freezing or crashing. However if you look past that it's incredibly useful.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 12, 2017
- Version: 6.0.0
- Size: 120 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Lang-8, Inc.
- Copyright ©2016 Lang-8, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium (Sale)$6.99