Revolut is an alternative to the big banks. Unlike the banks, we speak to our customers like humans, we’re don’t add hidden fees and we put technology at the heart of everything we do.
Think instant spending notifications, built-in budgeting, buying and selling cryptocurrencies and an easy way to spend and send money abroad with the real exchange rate. Pretty neat, right?
Open an app-based account with us in just a few minutes and join over three million people who are experiencing a radically better way to manage and control their money.
Manage your money
* Get instant spending notifications after every card payment
* See how much you spend each month on things like groceries and transport
* Set up monthly spending budgets for things like restaurants and bars
* Round up every card payment and save up your spare change
Spend money abroad
* Spend abroad in over 150 currencies with the real exchange rate
* Hold and exchange 24 currencies in the app with the real exchange rate
* Protect yourself abroad with our affordable overseas travel insurance
Transfer money abroad
* Transfer money abroad with the real exchange rate
* Send and request money from friends and family at the touch of a button
* Set up direct debits and recurring payments in seconds
* Split the bill with friends and family and we’ll take care of the math
* Buy, hold and sell cryptocurrencies at the touch of a button
* Get instant exposure to Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash and XRP
Security the way you want it
* If you lose or misplace your card, just freeze/unfreeze it from within the app
* Turn on and off things like contactless, ecommerce and swipe payments
* Speak with one of our friendly agents with 24/7 customer support
What the media say about us
“Revolut now let’s you cheaply trade Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum”
* Next Web
“Look out high street banks, the Revolut is coming”
“Revolut are chipping away at the big banks by offering a slick app and slashed fees”
* New York Times
You know that moment when you look at your bank balance at the end of the month, and the tears slowly start to drip from your eyes? We’ve all been there.
Don’t worry, it’s not your fault that your bank doesn’t give you the tools to have more control over your spending. And so, in addition to showing you how much you spend each month on different things, you can now set up monthly spending budgets for restaurants, groceries, travel, everything!
For example, if you set up a monthly budget of £300 for restaurants next month, we’ll show your progress in the app and ping you a message when you’re getting close to hitting your target. Happy saving!
Ratings and Reviews
So far, not a good experience.
I downloaded this app months ago hoping that the wait time wouldn’t be to bad. I was waiting patiently with 53,000 people ahead of me. After four months passed and that number never changed I decided to reach out to friends and family to get my position bumped. A few friends of mine signed up and I saw my position change. I sent a final invite out to my father who signed up and nothing changed. So I am sitting here with 9,903 people a head of me, and a message that reads, “For every friend who signs up we’ll bump you up the queue by 9903 places.”
There doesn’t seem to be a way to contact support as it’s just a screen asking you to keep sharing the app for more people to sign up.
I’ve never seen a legitimate app that doesn’t update its users position or wait time. So this has me concerned. Along with reading other negative reviews here starting to feel like it’s easier to delete this app than wait for something that apparently is still going through growing pains and working out bugs.
For me, the hype has died. I’m writing to see if someone can actually do something to help out and get me using this or if I’m just going to be left in an unresponsive eternal queue.
Dropped my Bank for this
Excellent customer support (if you’re pro, else you have to wait days, but hey, free means no priority support). Had no issues whatsoever except for 2 times they had problems with their payment processor. I could pay, but transactions were reverted and after a few days corrected.
They have still growing pains, you should have a backup, I’m all in for 4 months and I love it. This is the future.
Also support via chat is so convenient as you can answer later and don’t have to stay on the line to get help. You also can send screenshots. Very helpful.
Beware that the pro version binds you to a 12 month contract.
Your money is secure and guaranteed by 2 London banks and Apple Pay is coming later this year.
Sorry US customers, as they are rate limiting subscribers. Don’t be paranoid it’s not a scam, they just can’t roll up infrastructure so fast. I imagine it will take another 6 months.
US citizens stay away!
They show a rocket ship promising they are coming soon the the Unites States. I signed up 6 months ago and they are impossible to get in contact with. Only way to communicate with them is with the app, but the major issue is the app doesn’t work yet for US citizens unless you invite other people to join and sign up for app. No email address no phone contact. This company took all the personal information a bank needs to take and then refuses to communicate. I understand US banking regulations are exhaustive and vary state to state, but they stated their goal Q1 of 2018 for their launch. I signed up at the start of the new year and it’s now June! Can’t even cancel account with them because of lack of communication on their end.
- Revolut Ltd
- 194 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Revolut Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.