Simple Machines by Tinybop
By Tinybop Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Explore the playful side of physics!
Experiment with levers, pulleys, inclined planes, wedges, wheel and axles, and screws. Discover the invisible forces at work. Alter and test machines to destroy a castle, make music, send satellites into orbit, and more!
“I just love how apps like these get kids genuinely excited about science." — COOL MOM TECH
*** App Store Editor's Choice ***
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award winner ***
Simple Machines is No. 4 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library. Each Explorer’s Library app lets kids explore the invisible and awesome wonders of STEM. Kids (and kids at heart!) develop foundational science literacy.
* Explore 6 simple machines: levers, pulleys, inclined planes, wedges, wheel and axles, and screws.
* Experiment with real world physics.
* Alter each machine.
* Learn about force and motion, actions and reactions, inputs and outputs, conservation of energy, mechanical advantages, and tradeoffs.
* Sophisticated sound design rewards experimentation.
* Original artwork by James Gilleard.
* Learn new vocabulary in 40+ languages with interactive labels.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike — play and learn together!
* Get free activity sheets at tinybop.com.
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction hints, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child. We do not allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is not collected or distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: email@example.com.
Psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop. :)
What's New in Version 1.0.8
When you start thinking about it, simple machines are everywhere! Thanks for making learning fun
Wonderfully imagined and intuitive way to teach youngsters about physics. Bravo!!
Fun Awesome creative
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 15, 2016
- Version: 1.0.8
- Size: 463 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Tinybop Inc.
- © Tinybop Inc., 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.