By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official YouTube Kids app is designed for curious little minds to dive into a world of discovery, learning and entertainment. This is a delightfully simple (and free!) app, where kids can discover videos, channels and playlists they love.
We work hard to offer a safer YouTube experience, but no automated system is perfect. If you ever find a video you’re concerned about, please flag it. This helps make YouTube Kids better for everyone. For more important notes about the app, please see below.
*** Please note that the YouTube Kids app is only available in the US, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Spain, Canada excluding Quebec, Chile, Peru, Russia, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Singapore, and France. YouTube Kids is available with YouTube Red in the US, Australia and New Zealand. For more information about app availability, please read our Parental Guide.***
DESIGNED FOR KIDS
To make exploration easy, videos in the app are split into four categories: Shows, Music, Learning and Explore. We also took out the complicated stuff to make an app even little ones can navigate -- that means big buttons, easy scrolling, and instant full-screen. And when the whole family wants to enjoy their favorite videos together, everyone can watch on the big screen with Chromecast, Apple TV, game consoles, or smart TVs.
VIDEOS KIDS WILL LOVE
Kids can enjoy favorites like Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends and Talking Tom, online hits like Mother Goose Club, TuTiTu and Stampylonghead, plus anything else they’re into -- sports, animals, gaming, crafts and more.
GROWN-UPS ARE IN CONTROL
We know that every family is different, so we’ve included features that let grown-ups tailor the YouTube Kids experience to their family’s needs. Settings are found behind a grown-ups-only lock where you can turn off search for a more restricted experience or set a built-in timer to let kids know when it’s time to stop watching so you don’t have to.
For more information about the app and settings, please read our Parental Guide.
GET YOUTUBE RED AND MAKE SHOW TIME EVEN BETTER
Use YouTube Kids with YouTube Red and let your kids learn and laugh with their favorite characters without paid ads. And with offline videos you’ll always have videos when you need them – whether you’re in the car or on grandma’s couch.
To get started, all parents need is the YouTube Kids app and a YouTube Red membership. Then, just sign in to your YouTube Red account from the parental controls section of the YouTube Kids app and follow a few simple steps.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE APP
- Parental setup is needed to ensure the best experience possible for your child.
- YouTube Kids contains paid ads in order to offer the app for free. Your child may also see videos with commercial content from YouTube creators that are not paid ads. For more information, please check out our Parental Guide.
- Videos in the app are selected by our automated systems. Please note, no system is perfect, and it is possible that your child may find something you don’t want them to watch. If your child finds a video that you feel is inappropriate, please flag the video and it will be reviewed as soon as possible.
- You can restrict your child’s experience by turning search off in the set-up flow or by accessing the settings behind the “grown-ups only” lock. This means your child can’t search for content, which reduces the chances that they will encounter a video you don’t want them to watch.
- Whether search is on or off, the app will recommend videos selected by our automated systems from the broad set of videos accessible in YouTube Kids.
What's New in Version 2.22.10
General fixes to YouTube Kids.
Ok so far
This app is ok so far for my 3yr old daughter. The only thing I don't like is the fact that she keeps going to vloggers videos and I don't like that because I don't think she can learn anything from watching stupid people film themselves playing with toys or recording their kids getting a hair cut. I wish I could block it completely but every time I try to get rid of one, another one pops up and that's all she wants to watch. It irritates tf out of my husband and I.
Great Job with this app!
I'm 13 and I use this app (which is kinda weird, I know) and I love it because it doesn't have inappropriate videos and takes out a lot of the bad stuff, but every now and then I find a video that says an bad word but that's ok it's not perfect. I think kids should be able to subscribe to channels and be able to comment (but in a safe, environmental way).
Great app could use more features
So using this app for a few weeks now and my kid is still pretty young so she likes to hit the home button quite a bit when she's watching anything and gets mad about it there should be a feature where you lock it and it only stops when you enter a passcode other than that it's pretty good
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 14, 2017
- Version: 2.22.10
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.