By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official YouTube Kids app is designed for curious little minds to dive into a world of discovery, learning and entertainment. This is a delightfully simple (and free!) app, where kids can discover videos, channels and playlists they love.
We work hard to offer a safer YouTube experience, but no automated system is perfect. If you ever find a video you’re concerned about, please flag it. This helps make YouTube Kids better for everyone. For more important notes about the app, please see below.
*** Please note that the YouTube Kids app is only available in the US, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Spain and Canada excluding Quebec. YouTube Kids is available with YouTube Red in the US, Australia and New Zealand. For more information about app availability, please read our Parental Guide.***
DESIGNED FOR KIDS
To make exploration easy, videos in the app are split into four categories: Shows, Music, Learning and Explore. We also took out the complicated stuff to make an app even little ones can navigate -- that means big buttons, easy scrolling, and instant full-screen. And when the whole family wants to enjoy their favorite videos together, everyone can watch on the big screen with Chromecast, Apple TV, game consoles, or smart TVs.
VIDEOS KIDS WILL LOVE
Kids can enjoy favorites like Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends and Talking Tom, online hits like Mother Goose Club, TuTiTu and Stampylonghead, plus anything else they’re into -- sports, animals, gaming, crafts and more.
GROWN-UPS ARE IN CONTROL
We know that every family is different, so we’ve included features that let grown-ups tailor the YouTube Kids experience to their family’s needs. Settings are found behind a grown-ups-only lock where you can turn off search for a more restricted experience or set a built-in timer to let kids know when it’s time to stop watching so you don’t have to.
For more information about the app and settings, please read our Parental Guide.
GET YOUTUBE RED AND MAKE SHOW TIME EVEN BETTER
Use YouTube Kids with YouTube Red and let your kids learn and laugh with their favorite characters without paid ads. And with offline videos you’ll always have videos when you need them – whether you’re in the car or on grandma’s couch.
To get started, all parents need is the YouTube Kids app and a YouTube Red membership. Then, just sign in to your YouTube Red account from the parental controls section of the YouTube Kids app and follow a few simple steps. Parents can Try YouTube Red one month free at: www.youtube.com/red/kids
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE APP
- Parental setup is needed to ensure the best experience possible for your child.
- YouTube Kids contains paid ads in order to offer the app for free. Your child may also see videos with commercial content from YouTube creators that are not paid ads. For more information, please check out our Parental Guide.
- Videos in the app are selected by our automated systems. Please note, no system is perfect, and it is possible that your child may find something you don’t want them to watch. If your child finds a video that you feel is inappropriate, please flag the video and it will be reviewed as soon as possible.
- You can restrict your child’s experience by turning search off in the set-up flow or by accessing the settings behind the “grown-ups only” lock. This means your child can’t search for content, which reduces the chances that they will encounter a video you don’t want them to watch.
- Whether search is on or off, the app will recommend videos selected by our automated systems from the broad set of videos accessible in YouTube Kids.
What's New in Version 1.98.3
Parents can sign in to block videos and channels from the app.
Please fix it!!!
This app was awesome, my 3 year old daughter loved it and so did I. Then it started freezing. I did troubleshooting on her iPad and this app was the only one acting up. I deleted it and reinstalled it, big mistake! Now it asks to be set up by a grown up every time she opens the app, not just the first time it was opened by me! This means she can't just click on the icon and go straight to watching her videos like she use to. Very frustrating for a child! No matter what I've tried since, it does the same thing. Please fix it and keep it simple, it's for kids! I don't know if merging with You Tube Red has caused these glitches but please fix it! I've had to uninstall it completely and download another video app...
UPDATE: For anyone who may go thru this, I was able to get around the "set up by grown up every time you open the app" glitch by logging in with my gmail account and restarting the app a few times. Now it goes straight to videos when she clicks the icon. Login should not be necessary to use the app, but at least I got it to work. Hopefully this glitch will be fixed soon.
Found a better app
I downloaded this app for my toddler about a year ago, and it was great. Now that he's 2 and can navigate it on his own, he always manages to find the Grand Theft Auto videos with cars being thrown, and just weird characters dancing. As a gamer, I'm pretty open to what my kid is exposed to, but GTA is not toddler friendly, no matter the lullaby playing in the background (frankly it makes it that much creepier). I've reported many of these videos, written feedback with pictures, disabled his search, made it so his viewing history doesn't affect what comes up, and I erase his history every night. Yet every morning he easily finds creepy GTA lullaby videos. For whatever reason this app won't let anyone block certain channels, or videos, even though people having asking for years. I've found a better app (Kidjo), and even though it's $5 a month, at least I know my toddler is watching age appropriate videos.
Nice app!😊 but...
I really do enjoy dis app! I read most of the reviews and yea this app isn't just for 5 and younger. As an 11 year old I do like this app. I has a ... decent amount of videos that I'm supposing an average pre teen like me would like. But you should add a setting for 10 through 13! If not maybe even create a new app for kids like me! Somewhere when u can find videos like life hacks or gaming videos that would be entertaining to us. And it wouldn't have a bunch of toy reviews and finger families (those are really messed up btw! Plz get rid of finger families!) over all the app is pretty good not amazing but good. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 starz
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 09, 2016
- Version: 1.98.3
- Size: 112 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.