Use the ShurePlus™ MOTIV app for high-quality digital recording and editing with any MOTIV microphone or as a stand-alone tool.
• Make real-time adjustments to the MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone:
--- Polar pattern selection (stereo, cardioid, bidirectional, raw mid-side)
--- Adjustable stereo width (60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135 degrees)
--- Wind noise reduction: Low-frequency cutoff filter to eliminate rumble caused by environmental noise
--- Left-right channel swap: Flips the left and right audio channels to match video that is recorded when the microphone is reversed in certain phone/tablet positions.
• Record uncompressed audio at multiple bit depths/sample rates
• 36 dB of adjustable gain for MOTIV microphones
• High-resolution metering
• Preset modes to automatically adjust gain, equalization, and compression
• 5-band equalizer
• Edit recordings using trim or split options
• Share files via email, text, iTunes, Airdrop and Dropbox
• Save to compressed formats (ALAC, AAC 96, 128, 256)
• Save your audio recording as video
• Bug fixes
Having problems? Send your feedback through the app (MOTIV > About > Feedback)
Ratings and Reviews
Love It So Much, I bought 2!!!
These mics are super easy to use, and after figuring out the app, by doing a little reading, I really enjoyed the results! I do so much recording with iPhones, and now that I have my new iPhone X, I have bought a second Shure MV88 mic to use with my 5s to record audio only, and my 6s to I record video and audio together! I then will mix them with Board mixes to get the crowd ambience sound, and it all turns out so fantastically. All the musicians I have filmed have commented that they enjoy the sound from this mic much better than they do the native iPhone mics. It doesn’t seem to work as well with my iPhone X, but only if I change lenses in the middle of doing a video, (the sound drops out for just a second, i.e., using the optical zoom). Every time I use these mics, people stop and ask me about them!
UNRELIABLE: not ready for the big time
Shure makes incredible mikes don’t give me wrong, but this is one utterly frustrating application. I don’t know how many times I’ve had that spur of creative juice picked up the phone opened up the app plug in the mike and started recording and Wala what comes out of the other end is absolute silence. His application seems to shut off while you were playing in recording when the device screen turns off perhaps this company didn’t even decide to test with the iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 or maybe without a phone in their hand at all. You’re happy to do one thing right, consistently and reliably record anything. This does not do that at all. What a waste of buying $150 microphone along with using this app. I would suggest getting out all the bugs before trying to release an app on the App Store.
Thanks for fixing iOS 11.3 bug so quickly!
Love the Shure mic and this app. Being able to quickly name files and then airdrop them to my mac is so nice.
A few things I would love:
1. The same mic with a headphone jack built in.
2. When saving an audio file I wish the name was already highlighted so I didn't have to click the 'x' to rename it.
3. I wish the keyboard would automatically come up when saving an audio file.
4. The ability to lock the orientation of the screen when upside down so it doesn't keep bouncing back and forth.
These things are super nitpicky but just wanted to throw them out there. This product is amazing and I'm recording amazing sounds all the time.
P.s. I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus so thanks for bringing back the Bluetooth monitoring even though I'm sure there will be latency.
We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your mic. Thanks for the great suggestions - we'll make sure to pass them along to our engineering team.
- Shure Incorporated
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Shure Incorporated
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.