mobilePDR® is the OFFICIAL drug information app from PDR®, publisher of Physicians’ Desk Reference® – the most trusted resource for drug prescribing information since 1946.
mobilePDR allows healthcare professionals FREE access to the most current drug prescribing information available from PDR. Fast and easy to use, mobilePDR employs a simple, but powerful search tool with access to thousands of concise drug summaries. Users can search by generic, brand or pharmacologic class names. A drug comparison feature helps healthcare providers choose the right medication for their patients based on key drug properties such as indications and side effects, dosing, and more. Know at a glance when there may be a drug interaction. Identify a pill based on its physical characteristics and visually confirm with full-color photos.
All therapeutic areas and medical specialties are covered within the PDR drug app, including diabetes drugs, pain drugs, asthma and allergy drugs, cardiovascular drugs, obesity drugs, cholesterol drugs, psychiatric and mental health drugs, pediatric drugs, oncology drugs, vaccines and biologics, and more.
- Free to all U.S. healthcare professionals
- Simple, powerful search provides fast access to drug information with auto-completion
- Personalize your experience by saving drugs that you look up often for quick access
- Search by brand, generic or pharmacologic class names
- Access concise drug summaries and dosing information to answer important prescribing questions
- Drug information is updated continuously with the latest information
- Covers thousands of drugs in active use
- Swipe left-right to compare key drug characteristics such as dosing, indications, and side effects
- Save drug comparisons to refer to them again later
- Check for drug interactions and learn what drug combinations to avoid
- Identify pills by tablet imprint codes, shape or drug color, complete with color pill images
- Registration is free, and required the first time you use the mobilePDR app
- mobilePDR is intended for use by U.S. healthcare professionals
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great App, but needs improvement
Thank you so much for the app! It's such an awesome reference. This app could be a lot better if you could improve some of the following suggestions:
1. In-app review/feedback doesn't work well, but fit my case, doesn't work at all. Recommend just provide email if that's how you want feedback.
2. Organization of text and drop downs need sone cleaning up. Just cosmetics, see other apps for organization and presentation of information. Navigation is easy but not clean or intuitive.
3. Create a favorite tab so we can save a list of favorite drugs. It kinda does with the Recent Search but not very good.
4. Create a tab for related drugs when one is looked up.
5. Great idea to have comparison option but it doesn't do much except for loading two drugs on different pages. Comparison should be in a table format with relevant information. For example when you compare two computers, it shows side by side comparison. Would be hard to compare drugs and information are mainly not numeric.
5. Create option for making Flashcards from list of favorite drugs. Just a wish :)
Will provide more feedback later. Thanks and keep up the great work.
After trying Epocrates, medscape, and pharmacopeia, this is the simplest and most straightforward option I’ve seen. No notifications to wave off when app is opened, you can type the brand name for discontinued brands and it will take you to the generic monograph, you can reorder the headings (dosing instructions, preg/lac, adverse reactions).
Didnt work after last update.
Had to reinstall. Now it's back. Great reference app!
- PDR Equity, LLC
- 75.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright 2018 PDR, LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.