*An App Store 2016 Best App of the Year*
Take notes, add files, create checklists and sketches, record audio, and capture moments using Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Web and Mac apps, plus a Web Clipper for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images and sketches, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Add PDFs, word documents, spreadsheets, and more with the dedicated file note card.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
- Scan business cards, documents, and more.
- Sketch ideas and take hand written notes using your finger or Apple Pencil with the sketch note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls headline or page title, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
- You can organize various notes into notebooks.
- Notes can be grouped together.
- You can reorder your notes within a notebook.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
- Link related notes to one another.
- Favorite notes to find them quickly.
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Take a note on one device, add to it from another.
- Swipe your notebook or note card for additional information.
- Pinch to group note cards into a stack.
- Flick to find the note cards you need.
- In landscape view, pinch to fold note cards like an accordion.
- Change the color of your note cards.
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own.
- View your note cards in either grid- or landscape-style views.
- Switch to a dark-themed Night Mode.
- Lock individual notebooks and notes with TouchID or a passcode.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
- Search for objects within photos, text within photos, and more.
- Set reminders to stay on top of things.
PERFECT NOTEBOOK FOR iOS
- Audio notes are automatically text searchable.
- Share notes with friends and colleagues through iMessage.
- Use Siri to dictate text and checklist notes and search for photo notes.
- Jot a note before it slips your mind with Quick Actions, using 3D Touch.
- Get to your most recent notes from the Notification Bar.
-Drag and drop notes and content across apps from Split View and Slide Over
-Take notes in Split View on iPad Pro
NOTEBOOK FOR APPLE WATCH
- Record audio notes from your Apple Watch.
- Scribble notes on your Watch.
- View recently created notes on your Watch.
- Create Public Notes with sharable links.
- Share your notes through email and other options.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
Another Notebook update is here, and it's a big one.
Categorize notes by topic, category, project, or however else you see fit to stay organized. If you're thinking of migrating from Evernote, our migration tool can now transfer all your notes and tags to Notebook.
Zia, the AI powered Assistant, is now available in Notebook. Ask Zia to help you save content to Notebook, search for notes, set reminders, and share your notes with voice commands. Zia will even suggest how best to organize your notes with suggested note placement and tags.
Our new Notebook and Zapier integration allows you to connect Notebook with 1000+ apps to simplify tasks.
Ratings and Reviews
Such a great and fun app! Read all of this if you want to really know something:
So, let me start off by saying that this is really fun to use. You can draw, write, type, write todo lists or other things in many different ways! And while you’re doing it it’s just really fun. I have this game on my iPad, so there’s a huge screen, which makes it even funner to draw. So, i suggest getting it on a bigger screened device. But , it is still really great any where for just simple todo lists or shopping lists on your phone. This is the first app I’m writing an actual review too, so if you’ve read this far, thank you. Hope you found it helpful! More awesome features of the app: it has a bunch of colorful backgrounds for your lists or whatever you’re typing. And you can also make “notebooks” for the different things you do/make on it. All in all, it is really fun and relaxing to just draw/write/anything on this app! This is about the 10th “notes” app I’ve tried and it is also the most convenient, so i hope you find it just the same, also, if you read this whole thing, do keep in mind im only 11 years old, and i have wrote this. So, thank you for reading!
Great app fits every need I have or will have
I’ve had this app for about 2 months now and love it I even recommended it to a friend who now uses it as well. I plan on going to college someday and this will be great for when I take that step. Don’t be fooled though this app can be used for so much more then that, although I haven’t played with then yet there are checklist and scanner functions. Not to mention this app is 100% free that’s huge for an app with so many different uses. This app is so personal you can create individual notebooks and use your favorite pictures as the covers. The notes app that comes standard with Apple products does the job but the problem with it is if u need to keep certain notes private you have to lock them one by one, with this app you have the option to lock individual notes within a notebook or you can create a passcode and lock entire notebooks, and that same passcode can unlock the entire app after up to ten minutes just the same way a passcode on your phone this app locks and unlocks the exact same way. If u download this app I promise you won't regret it!!!
Great free app! I use it all the time
I've only had an iPhone for a little while but this is one of the best apps I've tried. I'm still finding out all the useful ways I can use it. I have everything from a grocery check list to all the crazy number of user names and passwords for the internet. I've started saving my favorite recipes and scanning my receipts as well. Every category getting its own notebook. Changing the covers to my own photos makes finding the right notebook quick and it's easy to use. It's a great little organization app. It's more than a basic check list or reminder list like I have used before but even for a beginner, with a little playing around and reading the tips I've found it to do more without having to spend a great deal of time figuring out how it works. You can import your own images for book covers but it would be great if more covers were already in the app for basic categories such as groceries, to do list or journals, just typical things that people are likely to want to create a notebook for. The more I use it the more I find it useful to have.
- Zoho Corporation
- 206.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.