SeizAlarm: Seizure Detection
By SeizAlarm, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Help when you need it, for those with seizure disorders.
SeizAlarm is a user-friendly iPhone and Apple Watch app which allows those with epilepsy and other seizure disorders to alert emergency contacts when they need help*.
- Seizure detection. Seizure-like detection is done via the motion sensors on the iPhone and/or motion sensors or heart rate sensor on the Apple Watch. Sensitivity controls allow you to set customized settings specific to you. When a potential seizure is detected, emergency contacts will automatically be contacted via multiple channels (text message, phone call and email).
- Send immediate help requests manually to emergency contacts.
- There is also a manually activated time delayed help request feature (via the "Time Delayed Help" button) that is helpful for those that have localized seizures (auras) that may turn into generalized tonic-clonic seizures. You are able to custom set the delay time in the settings. When a seizure warning is initiated you will see a countdown which can be extended via the press of a button. If you end up becoming unresponsive due to a seizure then once the timer ends a help request will be sent.
- When a help request is sent your contacts will be contacted with GPS coordinates (if available), so they know exactly where you are.
- You can are also able to track your seizure events with robust logging features.
- SeizAlarm also supports multiple emergency contact support, so more than one person can be contacted when you need help.
- International phone number support for emergency contact(s).
Help is just a button press away. Start taking back your independence today.
Please give us feedback on how the seizure detection is working for you. The more feedback we receive will provide us the information we need to improve detection and reduce false alarms in future versions.
If you have any questions or have feedback, please contact us at: email@example.com. We want to make SeizAlarm the best that it can be, so feedback from our users is very important to us.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Recommended placement of the iPhone for seizure detection is on the arm using an arm band.
- Long use of Watch based seizure-like motion and elevated heart rate detection may dramatically decrease watch battery life.
*New accounts receive a 2 week trial of the "Alerts" service which which allows the user to manually or automatically (via seizure-like motion detection) request help from emergency contacts. Once the trial ends, the user must subscribe to the "Alerts" service to continue to have the ability to request help. The "Alerts" service is an auto-renewing cost of $6.99/month or $69.99/year. The payment will be charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. The robust seizure log features require no subscription.
End User License Agreement: http://www.seizalarm.com/seizalarm_EULA.pdf
What's New in Version 3.00
New for version 3.0 is the utilization of the Apple Watch sensors (motion and heart rate) to initiate help requests!
* Watch based seizure-like motion and elevated heart rate detection support
* We have also added server monitoring to help ensure there is no disconnection between the app and help request servers. When enabled, if you have detection active on the Watch and the server looses connection then you will be notified. This is added insurance to make you feel safer that everything is working properly.
* Larger help request buttons on the iPhone and Watch
* Misc user interface refinements
* Misc bug fixes
* Watch OS3 performance and stability improvements
Information about this version can be found at: http://www.seizalarm.com/version-3/
We want to thank all of our users for the great feedback and support which is helping improve the SeizAlarm app and service. If you find SeizAlarm to be helpful for you, we'd love for you to write a review for us. Any concerns or questions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I love the idea of this app. But after it was working for 2 days for me, it has stopped working completely and won't turn on the motion sensor, the app just shuts down. I actually bought a iWatch for this app to give my family a sense of security and me some idea when a seizure is coming on since this is all new to me. Hopefully they update the app and soon :/
- Category: Medical
- Updated: May 04, 2017
- Version: 3.00
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: SeizAlarm, LLC
- © 2015 SeizAlarm, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- SeizAlarm Alert Service$6.99
- SeizAlarm Alert Service$69.99