Help when you need it, for those with seizure disorders.
SeizAlarm is a user-friendly iPhone and Apple Watch app which allows those with epilepsy and other seizure disorders to alert emergency contacts when they need help*.
- Seizure detection. Seizure-like detection is done via the motion sensors on the iPhone and/or motion sensors or heart rate sensor on the Apple Watch. Sensitivity controls allow you to set customized settings specific to you. When a potential seizure is detected, emergency contacts will automatically be contacted via multiple channels (text message, phone call and email).
- Send immediate help requests manually to emergency contacts.
- There is also a manually activated time delayed help request feature (via the "Time Delayed Help" button) that is helpful for those that have localized seizures (auras) that may turn into generalized tonic-clonic seizures. You are able to custom set the delay time in the settings. When a seizure warning is initiated you will see a countdown which can be extended via the press of a button. If you end up becoming unresponsive due to a seizure then once the timer ends a help request will be sent.
- When a help request is sent your contacts will be contacted with GPS coordinates (if available), so they know exactly where you are.
- You can are also able to track your seizure events with robust logging features. A log dashboard gives you a high level view of past events. You can also export reports to provide to your doctor.
- SeizAlarm also supports multiple emergency contact support, so more than one person can be contacted when you need help.
- Optional audible siren and/or custom typed message that plays if a help request is sent.
- International phone number support for emergency contact(s).
Help is just a button press away. Start taking back your independence today.
Please give us feedback on how the seizure detection is working for you. The more feedback we receive will provide us the information we need to improve detection and reduce false alarms in future versions.
If you have any questions or have feedback, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make SeizAlarm the best that it can be, so feedback from our users is very important to us.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Recommended placement of the iPhone for seizure detection is on the arm using an arm band.
- Long use of Watch based seizure-like motion and elevated heart rate detection may dramatically decrease watch battery life.
*New accounts receive a 2 week trial of the "Alerts" service which which allows the user to manually or automatically (via seizure-like motion detection) request help from emergency contacts. Once the trial ends, the user must subscribe to the "Alerts" service to continue to have the ability to request help. The "Alerts" service is an auto-renewing cost of $6.99/month or $69.99/year. The payment will be charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. The robust seizure log features require no subscription.
End User License Agreement: http://www.seizalarm.com/seizalarm_EULA.pdf
New with version 4.0:
* New log dashboard. Visualizes past events with a line graph also displays seizure and help request counts. You can view by past week, month, three months, six months or past year.
* You can now enable/disable contacts making it easy to change who you want contacted without making adjustments to the settings for that contact.
* You can now easily send test alerts to a contact to make sure they will receive help requests. This makes it really easy to check to make sure the contact is setup properly.
* Separate sensitivity settings for iPhone and Watch monitoring.
* New low heart rate monitoring. Triggers a help request if the wearer's heart rate drops below the bpm you set.
* Optional audible siren that plays for those around the wearer. Several siren sound options to choose from.
* Optional audible message. Allows you to type custom text and have it spoken in the event of help request being sent.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the idea of this app. But after it was working for 2 days for me, it has stopped working completely and won't turn on the motion sensor, the app just shuts down. I actually bought a iWatch for this app to give my family a sense of security and me some idea when a seizure is coming on since this is all new to me. Hopefully they update the app and soon :/
Try deleting the app from your iPhone and Apple Watch and reinstall. If this doesn't work please reach out to us at email@example.com and we would be happy to work with you to troubleshoot your issue. We definitely want to get this resolved for you ASAP!
I bought an Apple Watch for my four year old son just for this app and even when he’s not wearing it the alarm is always going off
Often this can be resolved by removing the app from the Watch and then adding it back on. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you continue to have issues or have any questions.
Amazing app and a huge comfort
I was very happy to see an app like this available. I have epilepsy and I often have auras that sometimes escalate into tonic-clonic seizures. The help request features are great since I can give my family a heads up that I may have a seizure. This is such a comfort for me. The app also has automatic seizure detection as well. Unfortunately the app can’t use the Apple Watch for detection yet, hopefully Apple will allow that soon.
So glad to hear that our features are providing a benefit to you and your family. We are working on the ability to do Watch based detection. Feel free to subscribe to our announcement newsletter at seizalarm.com. This is where we'll make new feature announcements.
- SeizAlarm, LLC
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 SeizAlarm, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- SeizAlarm Alert Service $6.99
- SeizAlarm Alert Service $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.