Email done. On the move.
Most people spend 1-2 hours a day in their inbox. With the help of Speaking Email during your daily drive to work, you can cut this in half. Get more done, stay on top and keep a clean inbox.
Download now and get our Premium Edition (all the features) free for 7 days. It will automatically downgrade to the Basic Edition after 7 days.
Voice commands and simple gestures designed to be safe to use while driving give you the ability to archive, flag or even reply on the move.
— HOW DOES IT WORK? —
Speaking Email reads your latest emails out loud from your inbox, one by one. Swipe left and right to play your inbox like a jukebox.
Whip through your inbox, clear clutter, flag important items and make inbox zero a reality - all while on the go.
You can interact with your email using full screen taps, swipes and voice commands.
Voice recognition needs a trigger. You choose when to pause for a command - on full screen tap, every 30 seconds, at the start/end of emails.
— FEATURES —
- Smart content detection skips over disclaimers, reply headers, and email signatures to speak only the content without the clutter
- Multilingual mode automatically detects the email language and switches voices to match, using Apple text-to-speech voices
- Makes use of the latest Apple speech recognition technology lets you dictate your reply, which is read back to you before sending
- Our simple Ignore Sender command puts you in control, allowing you to avoid hearing emails from the sender in future
- Connects securely to all email servers, including Gmail (using Google Sign In), Office 365 (supporting MFA and OAUTH), Exchange (via ActiveSync), IMAP, POP, iCloud, Outlook/Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL
- Voice commands and buttons include:
Ignore (thumbs down)
Important (thumbs up)
- Supports Bluetooth for handsfree operation, designed to be safe for driving
- Can be used as assistive technology for blind or visually impaired users
- Everyone manages email a bit differently. We have many mailbox options for reading order, filtering, whether to "archive", "mark as read", move to a folder, or not to touch email on your mail server.
- Many preferences to set up your experience how you like
— QUESTIONS —
Reach us at email@example.com
See our FAQ: http://www.speaking.email/faq
Feature tour: http://www.speaking.email
— RECOGNITION —
- "Highly Recommended" by Marc Saltzman in USA Today (8 Aug 2018)
- TV3 News (NZ), Paul Henry Show, Sky News
- The Australian, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, NT News, SBS
- NZ Herald, National Business Review
- Featured by Apple in Best New Apps on the App Store
- Voted Most Fundable App by Context.IO
- Finalist in NZ Hi Tech Awards 2017
— QUOTES —
“This is a nifty app, and one that will make driving a little safer for inbox addicts”—NBR
“Brilliant idea”—Paul Henry, TV3
“My eyesight isn’t as it was years ago, and your Speaking Email makes it so much easier for me to keep in touch with folks” — Willis Hargrave
“I absolutely love the app and being an outside sales rep in the car 4 to 6 hours a day find it incredibly helpful. It is literally freeing up and hour or two of time for me every day I am on the road by having a lot less time at the desk doing email. THANKS!!!” — Scott Middleton
- Microsoft Intune support
Ratings and Reviews
I receive 250 emails a day on a good day. All work related. I used to spend the first hour at work reading emails. Now I just listen to them while driving to work. I do the same while driving back home - listen to the emails that accumulated in the last 2-3 hours. Most of my emails don't need a reply. But if I need to reply, I just "Star" the email and reply later. I discovered Speaking Email 8-9 months ago. There were only three programs of this type in AppStore and only two that could connect to Exchange. After test-driving all three, the choice was obvious. I think I was one of the early adopters of this program. It was great when I discovered it, and it's been getting even better with each update. I did have a short wish list in the beginning, but now it's absolutely perfect from my point of view. It reads the emails in the right order, deals smartly with email threads, skips replies, and ignores spam. If there's anything else I should be wishing for, I've not discovered it yet. I like the fact that program does only one thing - it reads emails. There's no unrelated and confusing functionality and no distracting graphics. Clear interface, smart functionality, and clearly defined purpose. This app comes really close to my idea of a perfect app.
I was able to find just three apps in Apple Store that read emails out loud. Only two that connect to Exchange. This app is the best - clean design, easy to set up and simple to use. In most cases it doesn't read the entire thread, just the latest reply. It's a very nice feature. Over time I will probably develop a wish list. I'll share it with the developers. But for now I just enjoy the app. I listen to the emails accumulated overnight while driving to work. Saves me at least 1/2 hour in the morning.
I have been using this app for several months now. I use it more than any other purchased app. I get 200 emails per day, most of which are actionable on my part. This app allows me to work through the volume while I am commuting and remain hands free. I still have plenty of work to do when I am in my office, but this app saves me so much time. I feel like I can be in control again.
- BEWEB LTD
- 38 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Beweb Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Plan $1.99
- Premium Plan 12 Months $19.99
- Premium Plan 3 Months $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.