Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
• Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select movie chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio, and captions selection for movies and TV shows, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
This update includes general performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Still incredibly unreliable
What is wrong with this app? It maybe works 5% of the time I use it and that’s only if it pairs with Apple TV. Maybe Apple is just very uninterested in having a handy remote app for their genuinely great Apple TV box top. I first used the app on the 3rd gen Apple TV and it worked fine for a while. Then, it stopped connecting and after always troubleshooting, I still had issues. So I gave up.
Then I purchased the Apple TV 4K and eventually reinstall the remote app on my iPhone to see if they’ve finally fixed it. It connected great at first. Then one day, it just stopped working again and I’ve been unable to connect ever since. Yes, the iPhone is on the same WiFi network as the Apple TV. Yes, all software is up to date. Yes, I’ve reinstalled the remote app. It never matters. I’m using a new iPhone 8 and a new Apple TV. Why don’t these things work together?
I’d love a response from someone who actually works on this stuff who can explain why this particular product just doesn’t work and seems to be a major afterthought.
Apple in a decline/downfall?
This app in general is terrible even after the “updates”. It won’t connect to the Apple TV yet it’s 5 measly feet away and I can easily screen mirror my phone to it so signal strength clearly is not the issue. It just won’t connect most of the time.
I know I have my phone and Apple TV set up correctly because it does work on the occasion but then suddenly it doesn’t. The only fix is deleting the app and redownloading it but I’m gonna just not redownload it and think about Googles products next time!
It’s shocking Apple put their name on this. I already know they won’t read this nor ever actually fix this issue. It’s very weird and sad to think of apple at this low of quality and standards. Makes me think twice about all their products now. Im only loyal to good quality and lately apple is declining pretty fast around the edges. Hopefully their $1 trillion evaluation sees better management and the money trickles down to actually produce usable products like their junky Apple TV.
Apple TV Connection issues
I have multiple Apple TV’s in my house and all of them are setup on my iPhone and iPad which is GREAT!! However, in our theater room we have the latest 4th gen Apple TV and it is constantly being recognized as offline even while in use. While the other Apple TVs no issues. This is the only model we have issues with... funny thing is the keyboard pops up on both iPad and iPhone when you are in a search field on the Apple TV and allows us to type on the Apple TV from iPad or iPhone but won’t allow us to use as a controller! Please fix this bug Apple, we really love having our devices connect like this but it’s been frustrating with the 4th gen TV.
- Apple Inc.
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.