By Pioneer Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your car into a connected car with a compatible Pioneer in-dash multimedia receiver, a compatible iPhone, and this AppRadio app. With your iPhone connected, you'll be able to listen, view and control AppRadio compatible iPhone applications optimized for in-car use directly from the large Pioneer touchscreen interface installed in your dashboard.
• AppRadio One*¹
To make the connection, owners can use the Pioneer CD-IU52 Apple Lightning to USB cable or the Lightning cable included with the phone.
Feature not supported for 30pin Apple devices.
Compatible Pioneer products:
- 2015 or newer DVD Receivers excluding NEX (AVH-X1700S, AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, AVH-X6700DVD, AVH-X7700BT, AVH-X1800S, AVH-X2800BS, AVH-X3800BHS, AVH-X4800BS, AVH-X5800BHS, AVH-X6800DVD, AVH-X7800BT)
• AppRadio Mode
To make the connection, owners need the suitable video adapter cable for their Pioneer product. Please check your product manual.
Compatible Pioneer products:
- AppRadio, 1 through 4 (SPH-DA01*²/DA02*², SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, SPH-DA120)
- All NEX receivers (AVIC-5#00NEX, AVIC-6#00NEX, AVIC-7#00NEX, AVIC-8#00NEX, AVH-4#00NEX)
- 2013 and '14 DVD Receivers (AVH-X1500DVD*²/AVH-X1600DVD*², AVH-X2500BT/X2600BT, AVH-X3500BHS/X3600BHS, AVH-X4500BT/X4600BT, AVH-X5500BHS/X5600BHS, AVH-X6500DVD*², AVH-X7500BT, AVH-X8500BHS)
- 2012 and '13 Navigation Receivers (AVIC-X940BT, AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, AVIC-Z150BH)
Unless indicated by *², AppRadio Mode is supported for both Apple devices with Lightning or 30pin connector.
Additional information can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com/AppRadioMode
*¹ iPhone with Lightning connector required: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, iPod Touch 5th gen
*² Only iPhone with 30pin connector supported: iPhone 4, 4s, iPod Touch 4th gen
iPod Touch requires internet connectivity
iPad not supported
What's New in Version 2.9.3
• Minor improvements
**UPDATE** After updating to the latest OSI on my iPhone, the app has started working like it should. I have used it for three days now and it launches WAZE, NAVMII and Appradio Live without any problems. I hope that it continues so I will upgrade my rating to 4 stars. ---I bought a new Pioneer radio for my car. After installation, I downloaded Appradio Live. It powered up an worked fine the first day. Downloaded Waze and everything worked great. Day two, it wouldn't launch either app. I contacted Pioneer support and they told me I had to have Appradio so I downloaded it. Still nothing. My phone asks me if I want to launch Appradio Live and I "allow". Head unit says trying to connect. Nothing happens. On day one when I launched Live, the logo was in color when I opened the app but since then it is subdued. I can get to and change settings on my phone app but it still won't launch. Tired of trying. I guess that my expensive radio will just be just for answering Bluetooth calls. I would send radio back if it wasn't so hard to install. Come on Pioneer, if you are going to advertise this as a selling point for your radio at least get it to work.
1 star - nothing lower
This app is garbage, my phone works better paired in Bluetooth mode than with this. For instance when you open a popular streaming app the music may or may not start playing but you can't actually control it because instead of that apps native interface I get the Pioneer logo across my phone with no ability to interact. If I unplug my phone I can get he native app back and start the music, it usually transitions back once I plug it back in but not always.
Dev's wake up and actually use the product you are writing
Locks up in upgrade mode on iPad2
I downloaded this app to evaluate a pioneer car radio product and found that it is frozen in a download/upgrade mode and blacks out the logo on the screen. I am unable to delete the app and can find no blogs or support to delete the app from iPad2. I will not recommend this product until I receive information to return my Ipad2 to normal operation. I attempted to contact Pioneer via the website, but am unable to get a response since I don't have a specific product to reference.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 2.9.3
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Pioneer Corporation
- © Copyright(c) 2011-2016 Pioneer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.