By Pioneer Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your car into a connected car with a compatible Pioneer in-dash multimedia receiver, a compatible iPhone, and this AppRadio app. With your iPhone connected, you'll be able to listen, view and control compatible iPhone applications optimized for in-car use directly from the large Pioneer touchscreen interface installed in your dashboard.
• Compatible Pioneer products featuring AppRadio Mode:
- AppRadio SPH-DA01*¹/DA02*¹, SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, SPH-DA120
- DVD Receivers AVH-X1500DVD*¹/AVH-X1600DVD*¹, AVH-X2500BT/X2600BT, AVH-X3500BHS/X3600BHS, AVH-X4500BT/X4600BT, AVH-X5500BHS/X5600BHS, AVH-X6500DVD*¹, AVH-X7500BT, AVH-X8500BHS, AVH-4000NEX
- Navigation Receivers AVIC-X940BT, AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, AVIC-Z150BH, AVIC-5000NEX, AVIC-6000NEX, AVIC-7000NEX, AVIC-8000NEX
Unless indicated by *¹, products support the feature for both Apple devices with Lightning®*² or 30pin connector.
Additional information regarding app compatibility and required cables can be found at www.pioneerelectronics.com/AppRadioMode
• Compatible Pioneer products featuring AppRadio One*²:
DVD Receivers AVH-X2700BS, AVH-X3700BHS, AVH-X4700BS, AVH-X5700BHS, AVH-X6700DVD, AVH-X7700BT
To make the connection, owners can use the Pioneer CD-IU52 Apple Lightning to USB cable or the Lightning cable included with the phone.
Feature not supported for 30pin Apple devices.
*¹ Feature supported for Apple devices with 30pin connector: iPhone 4, 4s, iPod Touch 4th gen
*² Feature supported for Apple devices with Lightning connector: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPod Touch 5th gen
iPod Touch requires internet connectivity
iPad not supported
What's New in Version 2.8.4
To AppRadio Mode users; updating to iOS8.3 fixes Apps crashing when they access the head unit keyboard.
To new AppRadio One users; Welcome, and please check if your product firmware version corresponds to the update made available on your local Pioneer website.
• New Feature: automatic launch of your favourite compatible App
• Fixed: some AppRadio Mode users were presented with a too narrow set of compatible Apps
• Fixed: App launch icons were not refreshing
• Fixed: Contact keyboard search possible again for SPH-DA01/02 users on iOS8
• Minor improvements in Maps, Launcher and Compatible Apps section
Still needs work
I like my AppRadio but since I updated to an iPhone 5 I've had issues. Can't listen to the HD radio while using Waze like I was able to before. If I try to tap an application to launch it, it will sometimes start to shake the apps like when you want to move it to another part of the screen. If I want to move to the second homepage it will not acknowledge my swipe sometimes. They should have a small clock on top of the home screen. There are still apps that that don't load the icon for it on home screen. Once they fix it I'll give it 5 stars again
The new update
Works good but while on the main app screen looking at compatible apps the app goes to the very first screen on its own. And the waze app and the Navmii app and the I heart radio app; just shows a loading sign and won't open through head unit or the app. You have to manually close the app and pull up one of the two apps from the device just for it to show up on head unit. Can you fix that? So far that's the only problems I found with it. Version 2.8.4. Please fix it. It becomes rather annoying. :)
Does not mirror iPhone 5
In order for my pioneer deck to mirror my iPhone, I have to hold the home n power button n do a reset before it mirrors. Then when I turn off my truck, it only plays the iPod audio. What happened?! Everything was fine until recent update.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 2.8.4
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Pioneer Corporation
- © Copyright(c) 2011-2015 Pioneer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.