Arise Clock, for iPhone or iPod touch, is an elegant, easy-to-use, powerful alarm clock with a sophisticated sleep mode. You can get up with The Wake-Up Fairy, an interactive animated video (she WILL get you up), select one of the many high-quality sounds included in the app, or choose songs from your iPod library.
Ease of Use:
There is a custom time setter that allows you to set the alarm time with a gesture and two taps, which is perfect for catnaps, or when you’re bone tired at bedtime.
You can select from among 32 alarm sounds (many are music) and 11 environmental sleep loops. You can customize your wake-up experience in the following ways:
(1) Create volume fade-ins by specifying the start volume, end volume, and time to fade in. Arise uses logarithmic volume mapping to give you silky-smooth fade-ins.
(2) Use alarm patterns; for example, you could have gong sounds five minutes apart, then increasing in frequency (a progressive alarm), or have an alarm that plays for two minutes and “auto-snoozes” for five minutes, repeating until you turn the alarm off.
(3) Adjust the snooze settings, including a maximum snooze time to make sure you don’t snooze your way through an important meeting.
With Arise, you have the ability to create alarm “profiles”, each of which consists of a sound, a volume ramp, a pattern, snooze settings, and vibrate setting (iPhone only). The profiles are named and saved for reuse.
You can choose between two attractive clock faces, each rendered as near-photorealistic 3D digital times, with large, easy-to-read digits. The date and day of the week are also displayed. The alarm time is shown on the clock face so you can be sure the alarm is set. The clock faces are tailored for both portrait and landscape orientations, and operate in both 12-hour and 24-hour formats. Arise makes a beautiful desk clock, especially in landscape mode.
Arise can lull you to sleep with music from your iPod library, or one of 11 environmental sleep loops, which are between 2 to 11 minutes long, with the beginnings and ends seamlessly blended so that there is no obvious point at which the sound repeats. There is also a volume fade-out option that lets you select when to start fading music or sleep loops and how long to take to fade out. We’ve put sleep controls right on the clock face to let you rewind, pause, change volume and exit sleep mode at the touch of a button.
iPod Music and Other Sounds:
Of course, you can wake up or fall asleep to music from your iPod library. You can save songs or song groups and add them to your Arise sound library, so that you can access them more quickly. You can even download virtually any sound you find on the internet and use it through the iPod – we’ll show you how.
Other features include:
Voice feedback when snoozing and turning off the alarm
Screen brightness control
Battery check when device not plugged in
Bug fixes, new time setter.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, yet highly customizable
The Wake-Up Fairy is actually my least favorite part of the app, although the animation is done well and it's a fun idea.
Things I love:
- Super-easy to use! Setting an alarm in 3 taps is great, especially if you're already tired.
- Great customization options. They really thought through the details in designing this app and if you spend 10 minutes with the settings, you can create profiles for falling
asleep and different types of alarms that you can then select from later.
- Nice, clean display. If I wake up groggy in a hotel room, I want to see the time clearly.
- Love that the screen rotates into landscape mode on my iPad, which many iPhone apps don't do.
Overall, great app that I highly recommend.
Arise to the new Wake Up Fairy
I am a lover of just about all things Apple...now I find this new app "Arise"
a very interesting alarm clock app that has quite a few wake up and fall asleep to options.
You must try the actual "Wake Up Fairy"...I think it would be hard not to awaken without a smile to her voice and humorous shtick! Congrats to Apple for choosing a world famous voice over talent Ms. Beth Wernick to bring the brilliant Fairy to life! ***** Five Star rating from me! Love it!
Love this app!!
Like most other people, I can never manage to get myself up in the morning, but this app does the trick! It's super easy to use and has so many features. Arise let's me choose just how I want to wake up with a plethora of sounds to choose from and even access to my own music library :D This is by FAR the best alarm clock app out there and everyone should use it.
- Richard Clark
- 399 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Scipio
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.