Around the Way
By Mind DeTech Mind
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Around the Way is an easy to use application that helps you find the nearest Black-owned businesses. The application uses the built-in GPS to find your location and plots the Black-owned businesses on the map around you.
- Automatically finds your current location and lists the nearest businesses around you.
- Create a customized Favorites list.
- Add a Black-owned business directly into the app.
- Share any business listing with your Facebook and Twitter friends.
- Get step-by-step directions to the business location
- Change your location to find other businesses in other cities
- Add a business directly from the app
- View All businesses in a list or map view
- Search for businesses by name
What's New in Version 2.2
Backend and minor bug fixes
Non-Black Owned Businesses
The functionality is great and I support the app. Two concerns: 1. There are businesses listed that are not black owned. I don't know what precautions there are to prevent this but there should be a verification process. just because you are in the black community does not mean you are a black business. 2. Many titles for businesses had numbers and symbols which made it difficult to know the name of the business. Overall, I will continue to support but may not use until changes are made. Thanks!
Great concept, let's make it more interactive
I think there are some businesses here that aren't black owned. There should be a way to verify this. And I see at least 1 business which has been closed for at least two years. Irregardless, I still choose to support this app. Things can't improve unless we make it known and stick with it.
Great Concept, Horrible Follow Through
While looking for a business I came across one that I know for a fact to not be black-owned and there's no way to remove or alert folks to this fact. I also tried to add a business several times but was unable to. Furthermore the adding of a business takes too many steps, there needs to be some sort of search function that happens automatically when you put in the business's name. There certainly isn't much research and development for this app.