Art Legacy — Bringing Art to Life
What if paintings were not static? What if we could sense their depth?
Art Legacy is an original and immersive way to see a painting. It’s also part magic.
Art Legacy creates a sense of depth inside each painting, bringing realism and vitality to over 100 of the world’s famous masterpieces. The user can interact with a painting and actually see it in motion with a sense of perspective. Art becomes closer and alive.
From the earliest times to the latest modern paintings, works are displayed chronologically, with a contextual timeline about the artist’s life. Each artwork is given a social and historical description, and several interesting details and curious facts, making Art Legacy a valuable tool in the study and understanding of Art.
Art Legacy is perfect not only for Art students and connoisseurs, but also for anyone who wishes to explore the fascinating history of the Fine Arts.
- Over 100 famous masterpieces covering 6 centuries of Art
- Great masters such as Botticelli, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Renoir, Rousseau,...
- Several art periods: Early Renaissance, Renaissance, Baroque, Romantic, Impressionism,...
- Each painting is smoothly animated with up to 40 layers of depth
- Author's timeline and full description for each masterpiece
- Detailed information about different elements in each painting
- Available in 6 languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French and Chinese
- Music by the award-winning composer, Rodrigo Leão
- No internet connection required
Art is a cultural legacy for humanity. A fundamental part of our history that should be kept safe for future generations.
Ratings and Reviews
I had previously purchased the live version and wished it had more information. That is exactly what the legacy version is. It had brief useful and interesting background information with a nice timeline that you can breeze through at your own pace. Wonderful for anyone interested in knowing a little about classic art without getting too deep into complicated details. Great when you have a few minutes or a few hours to sit and enjoy
Love this app!
This is a wonderful app, and the music is amazing.
Great on the new AppleTV
Came across this in the new AppleTV and decided to buy it. My wife and I have often visited museums in Europe where these paintings are housed. Next to seeing the painting in person, this is the best experience I've had interacting with the art. The parallax effect is clever and instantly imparts a dynamism that draws you in.
I was really surprised that my 12 year old daughter spent a good 20 minutes with me perusing some of the earlier painting. The descriptions are short and sweet and even understandable by my 12 year old (to a degree).
Ideas for improvement:
- it wasn't intuitive that you simply tap to advance to the next painting. I kept clicking at first.
- many of the paintings are cropped and I had a nagging feeling that I am missing the larger context.
- perhaps offer professional narration as an in-app purchase. I don't mind reading but the text can take up valuable screen space. Audio narration would have been cool.
Overall this is one of the better apps on the AppleTV. Very glad you guys made it. Keep up the good work.
- Landkae, Lda
- 351.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2015/2018 LANDKA ®
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.