Art Set has been No.1 iPad app in over 30 countries around the world. Now completely re-written with some of the most advanced artistic digital painting and drawing tools ever created!
A previous 'iPad App of the Week', this giant new version has tools with incredible levels of realism and many professional features.
Exclusive artistically created brushes, from real world art mediums through to the purely digital for all styles of artwork. Watch fluid Watercolor flow and run as you paint. Express your strokes in 3D giving thick gloopy paint you can even etch back into.
Maintaining Art Set's philosophy of the most powerful drawing and painting tools with the simplest of interfaces, we've designed the app to be as calm and easy to use as possible and with a clean new look.
It's also a must for any Apple Pencil owner! Art Set brushes have many additional expressions that come into play, some deeply integrated, with new levels of sensitivity you may have never experienced before!
It's now free to download for the first time ever with a starter palette.
INCLUDED FOR FREE :
- Oil Paint, Watercolors, Oil Pastel, Pencil, Biro Pen, Marker, Wax Crayon, Blenders and more!
- Fluid dynamic simulation for Watercolor
- 3D Paint
- Custom blending achieving rich deep color
- Art Set keeps track of where the canvas is wet, dry when needed
- Turn on Slow Draw for drawing to lag your stroke. Create smooth curves and lines; great for calligraphy!
- Blur Filter with localised quick masking
- Fully customizable workspace; have just a single brush or tools on every side of your screen.
- Zoom, Pan and Rotate the canvas for fine detail
- Light low contrast or Dark high contrast mode
- Minimalist UI for less interference with your artwork
- Latest graphics technology written entirely in METAL 2
- Supports the iOS Files app to manage or or transfer documents
- iTunes File Sharing
- Auto save
- Split Screen Multitasking - use a reference image whilst you draw side by side
- Export to your photo album, email, AirDrop or social networks etc.
- In-depth User Guide in the app complete with video
PREMIUM PRO FEATURES - Single Upgrade Unlocks everything :
150+ ADVANCED BRUSHES
- Wide variety of extra hyper-real Paints, Pens, Pencils, Inks, Chalks, Pastels, Charcoal, Wet media, Stamps, Splatters, Form, 3D Texture to basic Pixel and Flat Digital
- You can try out all premium brushes on a test area before upgrading!
- Erase mode - use any brush as an eraser
- Flood fill
- Pixel Art
- Shape primitives for Ellipse, Circle, Square, Rectangle and Line in any brush
- Echo shapes for special FX
- Layer Masks
- Transform, move, rotate and scale
- Adjust Opacity
- Layer maintains resolution whilst transformed
- Blend Modes
- Alpha lock
- Cut, Copy and Paste, to and from other documents or other Apps
- Drag and drop layers from other apps
- Import from your photos
CUSTOM HIGH-RESOLUTION CANVASES
- Choose any resolution canvas size, the highest being dependent on your device capabilities
- Set DPI and canvas dimensions in millimeters, inches or Points and Pixels
- Great for pixel art or tens of millions of pixels - if device allows
- Papers and Canvases from old cardboard, raw canvas, graph, squared and isometric paper
- Display P3 WideColor on supported devices
- Auto Color Sample, allows you to easily turn photos into paintings
- Color picker
- Color Wheel
- User Editable Palette
- Localized adjustments, allow you to tweak all or just part of your image via quick masking
- Change Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Recolor, Invert, Contrast and Blur
- Auto backup, saves snapshots
- iOS Pasteboard or Drag and Drop to or from other apps
- Import photos and images
Art Set is a wonderful creative addition to any iPad!
Ratings and Reviews
I am really loving this new version. I miss the look of the old art drawers with the real looking supplies, but this runs more smoothly and has many more features. I especially love the watercolor... wow! It’s hard to find good watercolors in digital programs for tablets. Most feel fake or are tricky to work with and require tricks and extra steps. In this app, you just paint and go. I also love the ballpoint pen and the paper textures. It’s also nice to be able to select a canvas size. Thank you!
The good, the bad and the ugly
I’m a huge fan of art set, I’ve been using the previous version for quite a while and love it. A lot of my work on instagram is produced wholly or partially with the app, check it out; rustystix on instagram.
I’m glad the previous version still works as the new version is lacking in some areas. I did purchase the full version to have access to all the features. Lots of great new features, watercolor, layers, masking, textured surfaces etc. great job on that.
But there’s important tools missing. Where’s the smudge and blur tools we had before? The previous ui was very intuitive, this one less so. To load a brush and size it was easy, now you’ve got to spin dials and they don’t always cooperate. I’d like to be able to make the brushes bigger as well. Also the fancy new UI has white icons on a light grey background, huh?
Please keep the previous app available until such time the new version is fully up to speed.
Art set Pro is my favorite painting app.The set up emulates traditional mediums and the results have never failed me. A very friendly UI and a joy to work with.
When version 4 presented itself, I just had to try.
It felt overwhelming and by appearances a disappointment from art set Pro.
I decided I would request a refund.
While waiting to hear from Apple, I decided to see whether my disappointment was with good merit.
While the tools do not have the same simple look as original Edition, they do in fact work the same magic.
It definitely requires more work in figuring out the what where and how’s...and is worth the investment.
They’ve added some really great tools. It’s quite extensive.
I’ve only worked with the straightforward tools of painting etc- but no doubt - there’s the possibility of this app being a one stop system.
If you love the simplicity of the original version- don’t give up on this. Once you get familiar with the interface you will appreciate it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.