By Ambient Design Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most advanced simulation of real paint on your iPad, taking full advantage of the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil! Get creative on a digital canvas with smearing, blending oils, delicate watercolor, and much more! Ever wanted to try painting your masterpiece but were put off by the mess and expense? Now you can!
ArtRage isn't just about color: It knows how much paint you've used so you can smear it around to spread it over the canvas. It knows how wet your paint is so you can blend it with other paints. It even knows about the roughness of your paper so your pencils can be used for soft shading.
It's not just a special effect either - ArtRage is a live simulation of the properties of real artistic media that lets you can get creative with colors and textures using tools you already know how to use!
Join the ArtRage community:
Real world painting tools: Oils, Watercolors, Paint Rollers, Pencils, Crayons and more. Each tool has a range of familiar properties such as how much thinner is applied to the paint, or how soft a pencil tip is. Tools apply texture as well as color, and blend under the brush.
Add Layers to your painting and work on individual elements without damaging others. ArtRage supports a wide range of Layer Blend Modes, and layer contents can be scaled moved and rotated independently.
Import images, converting them to oil for smearing or as Reference Images pinned to the canvas as a visual guide. Load photos as Tracing Images which are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, it gets out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels.
Record your paintings! The ArtRage Script system lets you record strokes while you paint for playback in desktop versions of the product at higher resolution.
Import and Export using external services such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, and deviantArt Sta.sh. Share your images on Facebook and Twitter.
• Oil Brush, Watercolor, Airbrush, Palette Knife, Paint Roller, Paint Tube, Inking Pen, Pencil, Marker Pen, Chalk, Crayon, Glitter Tube, Gloop Pen, Eraser, Flood Fill.
• Paint media simulation monitors the physical properties of your paints to allow natural blending, smearing, and other real world behavior.
• Preset support allows you to save your favorite settings for later use.
• Supports the Apple Pencil's Pressure and Tilt properties to add realism to the simulated paint strokes.
• Unlimited layers with Photoshop standard blend modes, visibility and opacity controls. Scale, rotate, and position layer contents independently.
• Record your paintings then play them back in a desktop version of ArtRage 4.
• Unlimited Undo / Redo. Load photos as References or Tracing images. Store color samples for later use.
• Create paintings up to 2048 x 2048 or 4096 x 4096 on iPad Pro.
• Control the texture and color of the canvas to create different effects. Canvas presets can be stored to save your favorite settings for later.
• Export PTG, JPG or PNG to external services such as Email, iTunes File Sharing, Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, and more. Share images on Facebook or Twitter. Import photos to a new file or a layer, with camera support.
• Easy access pods provide convenient functionality without getting in the way. Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath without having to stop. Multi-Touch shortcuts for canvas manipulation, Undo/Redo, and Brush Size.
Bluetooth Stylus Support:
• Apple Pencil Pressure & Tilt.
• Includes support for Wacom, Adonit, Adobe, and Pogo styluses.
• Quick Reference covers the basics of the application. Product support available via our Forums or our support page.
What's New in Version 2.1.4
General fixes an improvements for Apple Pencil support on iPad Pro and file operations:
- Improved pressure response for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- Reduced instances in which ArtRage would force the painting to save before Export in the canvas view.
- Fixed a bug that caused exporting PTG to iTunes to remove the PTG from the gallery.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tap and Hold Sampling to trigger unless the input was moved a very long way when zoomed in close.
As always, if you find a problem please let us know via the Feedback button in the app, we're always happy to provide support and look in to anything that might be going wrong!
My favorite app for drawing/inking
I've been using Art Rage Studio for a few years on PC and Mac, in combination with Photoshop, as a way to ink my comics and artwork. Having recently upgraded to the iPad Pro version with support for Pencil, I've found my productivity has nearly tripled. I do all of my drawing and inking work on the iPad now with Artrage. For those complaining about low-res images, try doubling your initial canvas size when you create new files. I have to use at least twice the initial settings to hit 300 DPI when I import into Creative Cloud - which by the way, one of my favorite features! I have fiddled with other drawing apps for the iPad Pro, and amongst all the hype I found myself returning to the intuitive interface of Artrage. Still my favorite.
Still my favor
Own it for several years, it is still the only one application that simulate the stork of a tool, the flow of the paint and the texture of the canvas. It feels like the real thing without the mess.
Just got upgraded from an iPad 3 to a Pro w/Apple Pencil, it is now just as responsive as it is on a PC station!
If you are looking for an app that makes the drawing process much easier (and more natural), this is a great program. Love the watercolor and oil painting abilities -- far more realistic than most digital apps, which feels more like you're pushing pixels around in the screen.