ArtStudio for iPad - draw, paint, sketch, edit, filters, photo editor
By Lucky Clan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the videos:
Photo features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfPXLbKMz8
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio for iPad is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- flexible canvas size, max: 2048x1536(iPad 1), 2592x1936 (iPad 2), 2448x3264 (iPad 3rd and newer)
- support for any device orientation
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- palm rejection
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- support for bluetooth styluses
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPHONE/IPOD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
What's New in Version 5.91
- fixed stability problems when using some tools, mainly Select tool
- fixed problem with "Import from Photos"
Needs To Update; Developers don't Care
I've had this app for a really long time, and if there is one thing I don't understand it's that the developers seem to have made an initial version of this app, and then just walked away. I know this because I've emailed the developers before about the promises they've been making and their response is always that they don't actually plan on doing any of the stuff they claim they're going to do anytime soon. It's a shame because in terms of the brush feel, this app is my favorite. But it is stuck in the stone age. They have bluetooth stylus support but it's just "okay". Plus they removed the support for 2 major
styli. They still have "export to iTunes" as an option, so clearly they haven't been updating their cloud support options. Honestly, this app is not for anyone who is actually trying to get the best experience in art as they can with their iPad. There are much better alternatives, such as Procreate and Sketchbook, where the developers actually care about giving their buyers the best experience possible.
Best painting app in the AppStore!
I really love ArtStudio! Time and time again I find myself coming back to this app to do my raster artwork. It is loaded with more features and tools than I could possibly mention here. My complaint is that it no longer offers support for the Jot Touch with Pixelpoint. I think somehow the Jot Touch was screwing up the app's stability so I understand why it was removed but I'm really hoping that Lucky Clan will restore this. As much as I love this app having to use a dumb stylus with it is a little frustrating for me. It's less intuitive and natural feeling. My only other complaint is that some of the paint brushes have a bit of a lag. Hoping they can sharpen that up in the future. All-in-all, this app is great and every iPad artist should own it.
A Longtime User Who Still Loves It
I've had this app for years. It took me a while to learn and I still do not know everything. I guess it would help if I had Photoshop on my PC, but sadly I cannot afford that. So, I've used this app for creating my own cartoon characters, props, speech bubbles and other assorted stuff. I appreciate what it does. One thing I would appreciate would be more vibrant colors. I find the colors to be a little dull. Still, it's a great app and I hope that the developers are working on it and have not abandoned it. It's the best for my needs. Thanks for reading my review and for this wonderful and very useful app. I wish you the very best! Five Stars even after all this time.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 06, 2014
- Version: 5.91
- Size: 21.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sylwester Los
- © Lucky Clan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pack 1$4.99