ArtStudio for iPad - draw, paint, filters, photo editor
By Lucky Clan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the videos:
Photo features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfPXLbKMz8
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio for iPad is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- flexible canvas size, max: 2048x1536(iPad 1), 2592x1936 (iPad 2), 2448x3264 (the new iPad)
- support for any device orientation
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- palm rejection
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- support for bluetooth styluses
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPHONE/IPOD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
What's New in Version 5.16
- fixed problem with font list
- fixed problem with status bar
- few other bugs fixed
It's the Corel Painter for the iPad
I have used this app to create both freehand drawings and using a photo as an underline guide, and there is nothing out there for the iPad that rivals this.
I also use Corel Painter a lot on my IMac with a Bamboo pad, and this app, while not Painter, has many of the brushes, and features that makes this the only painting program I need.
It also produces the same quality I would expect from a painting program.
Granted, I have not used everything that this app offers, but allowing me to set almost every detail on how my brushes work is fantastic.
Also, if you want to really want some great images, get the Jot Touch stylist. It gives you pressure sensitive brushes, and allows you to work in minute details that a regular stylist isn't capable of. (There are other types of Jot stylists that are less expensive than touch, but with touch, I can put my palm down on the iPad while painting - try that with your rubber bulb stylist).
This program is also designed for the Jot stylists, so my advice is to get one.
EVERY autosave should be accessible
I love this app, but I just now lost a VERY good drawing and couldn't retrieve it from file sharing thanks to autosave. I clicked "Import Image.." Trying to get some reference colors from a previous drawing, thinking it would just add a new layer. Instead, it made a new file, not even asking "Do you want to save the current drawing?" Or anything before it opened.
And I found somewhere on a forum where you could get retrieve the previous save through file sharing on iTunes, but by the time I did that, the only existent autosave file had already updated to the current image.
The only ways I see a solution to this is to either A.) ask if you want to save a drawing before importing ANYTHING, B.) keep ALL autosaves somewhere where they can be accessed in-app, or C.) both.
I hope that the developers/creators see this review and include these ideas in a new update. I'm pretty sure many artists would appreciate it.
Simply the best!
I've been using Art Studio for years now and I realized I haven't been using its full potential until I purchased all of the brushes!! Now I'm able to paint realistic fire, smoke, rain and other textures that just make it even better!! My only suggestion or request really would be to have an eraser that would basically add back the original image. Some Apps allow you to swap 2 layers and then when you erase the swapped layer, it paints back the part you messed up. The other Apps I've seen do the same thing except you don't have to swap layers. I hope I'm making sense! This is by far the best Art/Photo App there is, period!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 03, 2013
- Version: 5.16
- Size: 21.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sylwester Los
- © Lucky Clan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pack 1$4.99