The ATO app puts tax and super help in your hand, making it easier for you to conduct your tax and super affairs on the go.
The app has many features. You can:
- record and manage expenses and trips relating to your work as an employee, your business as a sole trader or other general expenses. Sole traders can also record income.
- upload your myDeductions records to your tax return at tax time or email a copy to your tax agent
- enrol your voiceprint with the ATO. You can then use this to verify your identity when you call us or to log in to our online services for individuals via the app
- calculate the amount of tax to withhold from salary and wage payments
- search for an Australian business number (ABN) using ABN Lookup
- work out key dates and set important reminders and alerts for tax and super obligations
- use the Business performance check tool to compare your business with similar businesses in your industry using the latest Small business benchmarks
- access a number of other useful tools and calculators.
* GPS can be used to record trips in myDeductions. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some features in the app will request access to functions on your device, including your location, microphone or calendar. For example, to record a trip in myDeductions using the GPS option, the app needs access to your device location.
The ATO app can automatically send usage data to us to help improve its services. You may choose to turn this off at any time.
If you have any questions or feedback about the ATO app, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot discuss your personal tax affairs.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the app to crash intermittently when adding details into myDeductions.
- Australian Taxation Office
- 94.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © ATO for the Commonwealth of Australia. You are free to use this material in any way you wish (provided you don’t suggest the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or your services or products).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.