Atomic Clock (Gorgy Timing)
By CompuLab, Markus Gömmel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This tool shows you the ultimate precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the time from an atomic time server.
We are proud to offer version 4 of the Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock. The program is one of the classic applications since the early days of the Apple App Store and has been continually improved based on user feedback.
The Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock shows the precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the ultimate precise time from cesium atomic clocks available on the internet, or any other time server you like.
The graphical display mimics the clock display of the legendary Gorgy Timing clocks, which are used in professional radio and television studios, and we spent much effort to bring the original feeling of these wickedly expensive clocks to your iPhone.
Version 4 contains the following functions:
* Universal support for all iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices running iOS 5.1.1 or higher (including iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus)
* Full support for iOS 8 (multitasking, notifications, etc.), including full 64 bit support
* Alarm function with snooze (touch anywhere on the screen) and 24h alarm off function
* Alarm notification window instead of normal alarm sound, if app is not running or in the background
* Use playlists or a manual picker selection from your own music library as alarm sounds
* The alarm sound is also playing when the device is muted, or the display is switched off, and also works in AirPlay environments
* Customizable time server sources
* Colors: green, red, blue, yellow, white, hidden, with a separate color option for digits, seconds and segments
* Alternative visual display of fractional seconds (1/60th sec. resolution)
* 12/24 hours display
* Optional second tick sound
* Orientation can be changed to landscape mode
* Touching the display lets the buttons and status bar fade out
* Touching the display again will add the current date (in all orientations)
* Disabled screen auto-lock
* Option "sync at startup", or a sync button for manual syncing
* The last known time delta is used when started without sync
* "Night mode", which dims the display using a slider, shows the seconds with only one dot (to prevent a hard brightness switch between second 59 and second 0), switches off the tick sound, and reduces screen updates to save battery
Answers to common questions:
* An application can not set your device's system time, so a time sync between the atomic time and the device time is not possible.
* If you want to wakeup with music, please do not exit the app before going to sleep (which would result in a local notification dialog without music in the morning), but let it run with the display switched off. This application's music alarm, and this is not common, will still work when you switched off the display, even in battery mode. But be aware that running an application all the time, even without display, consumes battery, so please make sure that your iPhone is fully charged before you go to bed, or even better, connect it to your charger.
What's New in Version 4.51
This is a hotfix. Sorry for the display problems (calendar digits were cut off).
Here are the changes:
* full support for iOS 8
* native support for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus
* battery consumption massively decreased
* 64 bit support
* requires iOS 5.1.1 or higher to run
If you like this app and want to support further development, please rate it 5 star, or even better, write a nice review. I appreciate your support. Please also remember that all reviews and ratings are version dependent, so do not hesitate to resubmit your existing rating or review. Thank you!
One of the first, still one of the best
The exact time as provided from Internet Time Servers, well displayed and easy to use. As others have said, this app was one of the first I downloaded, and I still use it--for instance, every time I take a flight to another time zone. Whenever I need to make sure my watch is keeping accurate time (or to set my watch it needs it), I bring up my Atomic Clock app.
It's a real workhorse of an app, and it "just works". 5 stars from me!
An oldie but goodie!
This is one of the first iOS apps I ever downloaded. Still use it all the time. Very minor problems, not very many, and always quickly and correctly fixed! You can't say any of these things about most fly by night, obsolete or abandoned apps. That's assuming they work in the first place which is a big assumption. A simple useful reliable well supported app!
User-Friendly, Fabulous App
This is app looks great, is easy to use and the developer provides outstanding support with consistent helpful updates.
I like the alarm clock feature and the dim nighttime brightness mode. If battery consumption is now lower as advertised, that's a great improvement.
And at midnight on New Years Eve you can watch "fireworks" right on your phone!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 09, 2014
- Version: 4.51
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Seller: CompuLab
- © 2008-2015, CompuLab
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.