"Audio Typing Bee is an app that I consider a hybrid of sorts – part spelling and part typing app. Spelling because it asks your child to identify a picture and then spell out the word. Typing because your child uses an onscreen, child friendly version of the iPhone/iPad keyboard to do that spelling. This is an app that works on two skills at the same time." -- theiPhoneMom.com
A total of four options with three difficulty settings offering more than 50 combinations of endless fun and learning experience.
Parents can create different levels to suit different learning needs, or join in to play and have fun with their kids.
In this version, we have included the following features:
1. Different word length in different levels
2. Custom keyboard to hide irrelevant characters
3. Option to have countdown timer for a bit of fun and excitement
4. Option to create short or long spelling rounds to suit learning time span
5. Randomized words to keep your children interested and occupied
6. Adorable pictures to represent the answer
7. Touch the picture to read out the word
8. Option to "Read Out Loud" automatically
9. Highscores to keep track of progress and achievements
10. Option to Reveal correct answer
11. Turn sound on and off to suit every situation
12. Option to use UPPERCASE/lowercase keyboard
*** If you would like to see some new words added to this App, please visit the "Developer Web Site" and make some suggestions.
- Fixed minor audio bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work with bluetooth keyboard
I think this game would be fun, however it doesn't rotate and allow me to work with my bluetooth keyboard. The virtual keyboard that is offered does not represent a real keyboard and I don't want my daughter learning from a keyboard that does not have all of the home row keys. It is unfortunate. Please change the app to allow for the use of a blue tooth keyboard.
Not for really young children
I bought this for my 3 year old thinking it would show or say the letter he was supposed to pick next. I kind of feel as if I wasted the money unless he uses it when he gets older. I wish this was an option in the settings. Maybe a future upgrade? Then it would get 5 stars from me.
Timer from very easy to hard without intermediate, despite three levels. Very nice concept with the keyboard letters highlighted, next level no highlighting, next level no indication of the number of letters.
Should be able to set timer manual. Some kids do not do well with timed test.
Would have been nice if they would have had more words, more category words. For $1.99 I expected a variety of categories.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.