Improve your bridge game with instructional material from the game’s top teacher. Intermediate and experienced bridge players can enjoy a free preview of the Interactive Daily Bridge Column. New players can view a free interactive introduction to the game of bridge.
The Daily Bridge Column includes the following features:
- Interactive deals that you can bid, play, and defend accompanied by a complete walkthrough that you can view beforehand or after trying the deal.
- Bidding quizzes on various aspects of the game.
- Columns by guest celebrities such as World Champion Eddie Kantar.
- Interviews with the top players and coaches in the game, such as Eric Rodwell and Eric Kokish.
- Famous deals, where you have a chance to play the deal and then read the story behind it.
After viewing the trial columns, you can subscribe to the Daily Bridge Column for $9.99 per month. As a subscriber, you will be able to access each day’s column from your iPad, PC, or MAC.
Bridge Basics 1 (iPad Only): An Introduction is the first set of lessons from Learn to Play Bridge with Audrey Grant. It is designed for the absolute beginner. The material is presented in a clear, well-organized format, moving smoothly from one topic to the next. It’s based on the most up-to-date information the game has to offer.
It includes the following features:
- A sound track that accompanies the lesson material, allowing you to focus on the hands and the graphics.
- High quality graphics explaining the various lesson points.
- Practice deals – you’ll play with skilled robots to help you develop good card play techniques.
- Interactive quizzes that let you review what you have learned and track your progress.
After viewing the first free lesson, you can purchase the entire set Bridge Basics 1: An Introduction for $34.99.
Fixed declarer play for Bridge Basics 1.
Ratings and Reviews
Terrific learning tool for intermediate players
This is a super way to sharpen your bidding and playing skills. What I like is how logically each hand or lesson proceeds. I like the different opinions the experts have on a given hand, since it shows how bridge is an art as well as a science! If I have any criticism, which basically I don't, it is that the hands are always just a little too difficult for me to play right on my own. It would be nice once in a while to find there isn't a catch to what looks straightforward at first. But then of course I wouldn't learn anything. This is a wonderful way to improve and play bridge.
Better than newspaper columns by far
Being able to play and replay the hand, combined with columns that clearly explain what to look for and how to strategize, make this the most useful daily column I've seen. The Sunday bidding instruction and quiz is excellent continuing education. Two wishes for future improvements: the ability to bid and play from any position, and some way to ask questions and get answers about the logic behind the recommended bidding and playing approaches.
Amazingly response staff!
This app is an excellent learning tool for a rank beginner, which I am. Possibly even more impressive is the responsiveness of the staff. I reported a bug in the quizzes and practice deals yesterday evening. I received an email from an actual person within minutes, and the problem was corrected in less than 24 hours. Kudos, Audrey Grant bridge!
- Audrey Grant's Better Bridge Inc.
- 112 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2014 Audrey Grant’s Better Bridge Software Copyright © 2014 GGP Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 30-day Daily Bridge Column subscription $9.99
- Bridge Basics 1: An Introduction $34.99
- Five Steps to Simplify the End Play $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.