Audulus Modular Synthesizer
By Audulus LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Audulus, the popular modular synthesis app, is now for both iPad and iPhone!
▶ Buy once for iPad and iPhone.
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound.
"Anybody into synthesis should check out Audulus on the iPad. Tweaker heaven." - Jordan Rudess
"Audulus is fantastic, a thinking man's synth." - UK App Store review
Rated "Killer App" on apps4idevices.com!
Praise for the Mac version:
"beautiful interface" - Peter Kirn, createdigitalmusic.com
"Love this App. It has one of the best UIs I've ever used." - USA Mac App Store review
"The biggidy bomb coolest most super tech-nerd fun times soft synth I've bought in recent times!" - Mac App Store Australia review
"Remarkable gesture control" - sequencer.de
▶ Visit the Audulus Forum for exciting FREE user-created patches! ◀
▶ Please note: Audulus Requires iOS 7. Minimum Recommended Hardware: iPad 2 or iPhone 4s.
▶ Educational pricing available. For more information, see http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/
▶ Key Features:
• Fluid Vector Interface - smooth animated interaction
• MIDI control - use your control surface or MIDI keyboard
• Polyphony - process multiple voices
• Diverse Nodes - from ADSR to ZeroCross
• Patch Browser - quickly flip through your patches
• 32-bit floating-point signal processing
• Fully Enhanced for Retina Display
• Unlimited Undo - full history stored in a patch
• Round-trip workflow with Audulus for Mac
• Virtual MIDI – control Audulus from your favorite MIDI app
• Audiobus support! - Runs as both an Input and Effect
• Sub-Patches - group and reuse nodes
• Universal Modulation - modulate any knob
• iCloud support - effortlessly sync patches between Mac and iPad
▶ Coming soon:
• Presets - quickly change between patch configurations
• Sample Playback
▶ Built-in Modules:
• Virtual Analog Oscillator (4 classic waveforms)
• ADSR Envelope
• Noise Generator
• Mathematical Modules: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Sine, Modulo
• Random Number Generator
• MIDI controlled Keyboard
• MIDI assignable trigger
• 16-Step Sequencer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Feedback Delay
• Unit Delay
• DC Blocker
• Envelope Follower
• Pitch Shifter
• Constant Value
• Mapper Curve
• Piecewise-linear Spline Curve
• Sample and Hold
• 4-Channel Mixer
• Level Meter
• Value Meter
• Scrolling Waveform Meter
• Polyphonic to Monophonic signal mixer
• Global Time
• Zero-crossing Counter
▶ In-App Purchase Upgrades:
• Custom Nodes - build your own modules!
• Math expression module -34 Math nodes in one!
• Timing mode - figure out which nodes are using the most CPU!
• Switch pack - two nodes for signal routing, more to come!
• Poly pack - Stereo and Quadraphonic processing!
Please don't hesitate to contact us at support at audulus dot com if you have any questions or need help.
What's New in Version 2.10.3
- Fix bug with processing MIDI while Audulus is in the background
- Reduce potential audio glitches for large patches
- Reduce overall CPU usage
This app is much more than just your ordinary everyday synth. It is a beautifully crafted work of art in itself, with one of the most elegant and user-friendly interfaces I've ever seen. As a professional musician, I have bought many synths, with so many of them difficult to use let alone understand! Beginner or pro - this app has what you want!
I am in NO WAY CONNECTED with this app or it's developers. Please read the whole review to get a good sense of what I'm attempting to tell you. Thanks,
Audulus has immense potential as a learning tool - if you've ever considered learning to use and program synthesizers, this app allows you to start so simply and learn not only how to program a synth - but also why your program sounds the way it does. It will teach you what the synthesizer modules do and how they inter-relate with each other.
Be aware, working on the iPad version takes a little getting used to at first. The trick is to place modules, you want to connect, close enough together that you can expand them fairly large, make your connections, then contract your screen and drag the connected modules anywhere you like. The help section and info bubbles are very helpful (for a change).
Audulus is one of if not the coolest audio app I have ever seen. Not only can you build max msp like devices on your iPad but you can then sync directly to AU. The interface is incredible and for someone who has dabbled and struggled with max over the years refreshingly intuitive. The apps developer and supporters have made excellent tutorials that have helped me understand the fundamentals better than any other software I have used before. Within a day I was building my own messed up ( Autechre like ) patches and have been completely blown away. Just a warning to those who are looking for instant gratification app toys, although there are many cool patches to try right off the bat the real fun in Audulus comes from digging deep and going where your imagination takes you.
Wonderful learning and exploration environment
I love this app for music making purposes, but the real pleasure for me is learning. I find it is a catalyst to asking all kinds of questions, and I've learned so much since getting this app. The community is also amazing, full of interesting ideas, and support. Taylor is also great at support, responding to emails and forum posts.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 2.10.3
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Audulus LLC
- © 2014 W. Taylor Holliday
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Custom Nodes$9.99
- Math Expression Node Upgrade$9.99
- Poly Pack Upgrade$8.99
- Switch Pack$7.99
- Timing Mode$7.99