This flash-card style early learning game is a fun way to introduce children to the amazing animals of the world while teaching them new words. It’s suitable for preschool children aged between one and three.
How it works
The Kizzu game 100 Animals, from Sherston, combines colourful graphics, energetic sound and vibrant animations to help children develop their vocabulary skills.
- Take a journey through 12 categories, starting close to home with pets (dogs, cats, hamsters) garden friends (ladybirds, toads, squirrels) and farm animals (cows, horses, ducks).
- Learn about the inhabitants of tropical jungles (tigers, snakes, monkeys). See what you can see on an African safari (elephants, zebras, lions).
- Travel down under to meet the marsupials (kangaroos, koalas, wombats), and fish of the reef (clownfish, seahorses, sharks!)
Plus, there are many more habitats to explore including Amazon, Forest, Desert, Ocean and Polar.
Word categories include:
- Down under
· Speech and language skills
· Image recognition
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
· Literacy - Reading
· Understanding the world - The World and Technology
Suggested age range: 1-3 years old.
For teachers, practitioners and parents
At Sherston, we know that if you're going to give your child an app to play with, you have to trust it. All our Kizzu apps are designed to give children the confidence to have fun as they explore and develop their skills.
Through each stage of their development, all our apps are worked on collaboratively with our panel of testers and educational experts.
All our interfaces are specifically designed with younger children in mind. This ensures the app meets the expectations of teachers, practitioners, parents and children everywhere.
- update app's icon
- added parents section for Big Clever Learning subscribers
Ratings and Reviews
I had to purchase it twice
I purchased this app for my son on my iPhone. I then wanted to use on my iPad, and the app won't let me use the full version without purchasing again. It's not that good to purchase twice! Many apps that I use are transferable. I don't see why this one isn't.
Great for kids!
My son is turning 9 months and I decided to find simple and educational apps for him to use since he shows great interest. I turn on guided access on the iPad which allows him to use the app and slide to view the animals and bugs. The app is great from ages 6 mos - toddler years since the images are large, text is on the smaller end but still useful, voice and sound are clear. Not sure if there's an option to turn off or lower the music separate from the reader voice.
Good realistic pictures for kids! Easy to use, I bought the upgrade and the kids love it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.