Ballistic: Advanced Edition - JBM Ballistics Trajectory Calculator, Rangefinder & Target Shooting Log
By Peak Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ballistic: Advanced Edition, 6th Edition
"I shoot on Team Louisiana Precision Rifles in Tactical rifle matches. Everyone on the team that uses Ballistic has had great results. This program has really been a game changer in the precision rifle world."
- Bannon (Louisiana)
"I used the data from Ballistic for a cold bore shot at 760 yards and center punched the plate. Sent another right on top of it. Done. No loading hassle or BS, just accuracy!"
- Rick (New Mexico)
NOTE: A few people have written 1-star reviews without contacting us for help. These are almost all due to user error. Please contact us if you run into any issues and we're happy to help.
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
Ballistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your other devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Trajectory charts display the projectile's path across multiple altitudes and angles. Zoom charts up to 300% or save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Load as a zero atmosphere later in calculations. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements, or data from the back of an ammo box.
... and much more!
What's New in Version 6.0.4
Included in this update:
• Crash fix when auto-selecting best loads
• iOS6: Crash fix when adding a new range log
• More speed improvements
Please email us if you run into any issues:
If you enjoy using Ballistic, please take a minute to leave a review in the App Store. If you've reviewed a previous version please resubmit it as ratings reset with each update. We really appreciate your support!
Accurate, Easy to use,
I have been using this software since 2013, every time I have a question about a function, he reply to my emails real fast and with real good directions, I have use this app for a lot of different things like:
Targets: up to 600 yards(@600 yds I hit the target after 3 shots )
Hunting: first deer neck shot 217 yards thanks to this app with 308 win 175 smk
Calculating Max Point Blank Range: calculate my zero for my 17 HMR then prove it in the field, I can shoot 5 in vital for 0 to 200 yards
Measuring group size: you take a picture and then you enter distance and the app will tell you your MOA, Max spread, Min spread, etc
After you save you ballistic profile you can go to the range finder section, select the type of scope, type of reticle, and it will calculate hold overs,
There are way more functions in this app that someone else may need them. This app is a bit confusing to operate if this is your first ballistic calculator, but once you learn it, it is the only way to do it.
good but it was great
my long range shooting advanced leaps and bounds when I started using this program. I have 20 different loads listed, it’s fast and easy to switch between loads and I’ve been able to push my effective range out to 1000 yards with some of them because of it. I have another program that works but with out the spinning wheels (which I really like) just doesn’t get used. I would have given it 5 stars if they would have left the display giving moa (or whatever you choose) and inches or at the very least in output options allowed you to choose inches in windage units - PLEASE bring that back
Ballistic Great App
Very useful and for Ballistic firing solutions, just like the name implies. However Ballistic is also great for discovering how small changes (in atmospherics, velocity, etc) alter trajectories, and has a nice trajectory comparison capability. The capability to capture target data with the camera, place and mark shots, then automatically calculate statistics like group size and offset (elevation and windage) is great too. The online videos on how to use various features are great, and hopefully there will be even more videos in the future.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 29, 2015
- Version: 6.0.4
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peak Studios LLC
- © 2008-2015 Peak Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.