Bank of America - Mobile Banking
By Bank of America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bank conveniently and securely with Bank of America® Mobile Banking. Our redesigned app makes it easier than ever.
Manage Your Accounts*
• Check activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View routing and account numbers easily
• Edit transaction descriptions in checking and savings accounts
• Order replacement debit or credit cards±
• Order check copies±
• View Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts
• Set app Alerts to be notified of important account and security info
Send Money to Virtually Anyone*
• Securely send and receive money using a mobile number or email address (including to and from U.S. accounts outside of Bank of America)1
• Add recipients for email/mobile number transfers using your device’s contacts or enter the data manually2
• Manage transfers between your Bank of America accounts (including mortgages and loans)
• Visit www.bankofamerica.com/easymoneytransfer to learn more
• Schedule, edit or cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add or edit Pay To accounts
• Use our app to snap photos of checks and deposit them from your mobile device3
• View processing deposits in account details in the app
• Choose Deals, shop as you normally do with your credit/debit cards and receive cash back
• Get cash back into your eligible Bank of America account4
• Reset Passcode, retrieve Online ID
• Use SafePass® for additional security during sensitive transactions (you’ll receive a code to verify your identity)
Contact Us Easily
• Schedule an appointment at a banking center or call us with any questions
• Find ATMs and banking centers
*Please visit Online Banking for these banking needs:
Wire transfers; transfers to external bank accounts; transfers from credit cards; ordering new checks; setting up/canceling recurring transfers and payments; enrolling in Bill Pay/managing eBill information; changing Online IDs; stopping checks; activating new debit cards; using ShopSafe®; going paperless; viewing mortgage and loan account details; enrolling in SafePass.
±Fee may apply.
1Enrollment and Bank of America checking/savings account required. No fee for this service; dollar/frequency limits apply. Transfer permitted only to U.S.-based accounts. See Online Banking Service Agreement for details.
2You must grant permission for the app to access your device contacts.
3Deposits subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. See Terms for other restrictions.
4Earned cash back credited the month following redemption. See Terms for other restrictions.
Having general app issues?
• If you’re on your home WiFi network and have a problem connecting, try resetting your modem/router
• For optimal performance, make sure you’re running the latest OS
• Note that third-party keyboards are blocked by our app due to their potential to track your password and other keystrokes you may enter; the native keyboard for your device will be used
• Visit our in-app Help to learn more
Terms/Service Agreement: www.bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
© 2015 Bank of America Corporation
What's New in Version 6.2.8
We’ve made several fixes and improvements to the app, thanks to your feedback. Please keep your feedback coming—we want to hear from you.
Our last update included these enhancements:
•Set a travel notice to let us know if you plan to use your personal credit or debit cards while traveling here or abroad (select “Help & Support” from the main slider menu)
•Quickly schedule or confirm a financial center appointment right from the sign-in screen
More to come in future releases.
Bill Pay Not Working
I usually pay bills by check but since I'm out of town I figured it would be easier to pay through the app. Given that I am inundated with mail from BoA to sign up for bill pay you'd think they'd make it easier. Instead I get an error message saying "Payee don't have any eligible pay from account. Choose a different payee". I've paid through the app before with no problem, paying from my BoA checking account to the BoA credit card, but with the last couple of updates it's become more and more difficult to use, to the point where the app is only good for checking my balance. I'll stick to paper and paying the old fashioned way as long as this app is as unreliable as it's become.
Room for improvement
This app would benefit from having additional features like a search capability to find specific transactions quickly and the option to only see deposits instead of scrolling down all transactions that are lumped together.
There's definitely room to further organize the different type of activities happening on accounts.
app redesign and Touch ID
Hi bofa, your iPhone app is like an Advertisement for you. Having the best bank app in the iOS platform is going to enhance your brand image. Consider iPhone app development cost as advertising cost. Hire a UI/UX designer exclusively for iOS. And try to minimize web app usage. And please hire a security expert specific to iOS (or get your current security guy to contact apple). It is possible to securely implement Touch ID for banking apps.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 6.2.8
- Size: 35.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bank of America
- © 2015 Bank of America Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.