Barcode generators really don't come much easier to use than this. Simply fill in your barcode specifications in the main window, preview the barcode to check it's as you expect then save it to disk for use in Word, Illustrator, Powerpoint etc.
Barcode Basics can create a huge range of common barcodes (over 30 types are supported) in many file types including eps (vector format) and pdf (vector format), jpeg, gif, pdf and png.
• Bar Width Reduction (BWR) to allow you to compensate for ink spread on printing presses. This is an essential feature for professional printing (and cannot be supported by other font based applications).
• Bar height (truncation) and barcode scale (magnification).
• Optional add-on digits (either 2 or 5) are supported for EAN, UPC, ISMN, ISBN and ISSN codes.
• Fast response from English speaking support via the "Contact support…" option in the app's main menu.
• Support for metric (mm or microns) and imperial measurements (inches)
• Barcodes can be exported in EPS (vector) or PDF (vector) format or high resolution GIF, BMP, JPG or PNG
• Barcodes are compatible with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint etc.
• Support for Automator actions - create bespoke workflows to automate barcode production.
• No sneaky In-App purchases - you get all the functionality listed on this page, for the price listed on this page!
Alternatively, use Barcode Basics' powerful Automator action support to integrate it into your own custom Automator workflows, apps or services. Anything you can do in the Barcode Basics app, you can do in Automator!
SUPPORTED BARCODE TYPES
• Code 11
• Code 39
• Code 128
• UPC A
• UPC E
• EAN 8
• EAN 13
• EAN 13 (GS1)
• EAN 14
• Interleaved 2 of 5
• ITF 14
• GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Stacked, GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, SSCC-18
• ISBN, ISSN, ISMN
• USPS Postnet, USPS Intelligent Mail, USPS Planet, Royal Mail (UK), Royal TNT (Netherlands), Japan Post, Deutsch Leitcode, Deutsch Identcode
• Pharmacode, Two-track Pharmacode, Italian Pharmacode, PZN7, PZN8
• MSI Plessey
Support for Dark Mode in Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
Handy little app and great support!
Rob and the crew are amazing!! I had a few issues with the app when i bought it and they released a fix/version ASAP and our company was back up and running!
Not a true Code 128
I needed this for a our company to recreate a break sheet for scanning. We used a demo version of BarTender for Windows, but needed something for Mac. Code 128 between the two is totally off and inacurate. I’m dissapointed for the price of this app, now I need to look elsewhere.
Also, the app is listed as $19.99, however, I was charged over $32. My state sales tax would not even bring that price up that high. I have submitted this issue to Apple for a refund.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems. I can assure you that Barcode Basics *does* create Code 128s correctly. I can only assume you've got a setting wrong somewhere. Had you contacted support then we'd happily have guided you - I'm not sure why you didn't.
The incorrect charge is very strange and I encourage you to raise that with Apple. I'm very surprised at that.
A solid 4 stars! Just as good as some of the more expensive barcode software. Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as my previously used software but it has everything I need - and the price is 10 times lower!
Developer Response ,
Great to hear you're finding Barcode Basics useful - and many thanks for the review.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.