Barnes & Noble
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Put the World’s Largest Bookstore on your iPhone!
The official Barnes & Noble iPhone app is the ideal store companion for book lovers who want quick and easy access to the world of books. Use your iPhone to search, browse, and shop for millions of items. Our store locator will help you find the Barnes & Noble store nearest you, see upcoming events, and get directions. Plus, explore amazing, exclusive Barnes & Noble content from your iPhone including Product Details, Product Images, Customer Reviews, Editorial Reviews, Best Sellers, NOOK devices and much more.
(Please note that in order to provide the best pricing for our customers, we are currently unable to provide an in-app shopping experience for Digital Content, including NOOK Books.)
• Massive selection of millions of Books, Textbooks, Kids' books, Magazines, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, Toys & Games, Home & Gift items, Gift Cards and much more
• Search using your iPhone camera by scanning the product barcode or by typing your search criteria
• Find your closest Barnes & Noble, get maps and directions, and view upcoming events
• Wondering what to read next? Browse through different categories and best seller lists curated especially for you by our experienced Booksellers!
• Fully secure. All purchases go through the secure Barnes & Noble systems
• Access your purchase history and manage your Barnes & Noble account all through the app
• Reserve items to be Picked up in Store right through the app
What's New in Version 2.3.0
• Store Locator Enhancements
• Push Notification Enhancements
• Search by Scan Enhancements
• Bug Fixes
HORRIBLE MOBILE APPLICATION/DON'T BOTHER
Don't waste your time on this application. It will leave you angry, frustrated and not even wanting to read the book anymore! A process that should take 30 seconds ( which is why they call it, "instant purchase") literally can take on average, 30-40 MINUTES. I always have a major problem with connecting to my account. I am forced to login and out of my account multiple times before B&N literally recognizes my account as being valid. Instant purchases never go through. I'm even asked repeatedly to log into my account when I'm ALREADY LOGGED IN!! If, you can find an alternative company to order your books from, save yourself the time and energy and go elsewhere. To add insult to injury, it took me several attempts to post this review. They dropped my review and I had to write it all over again!!
Since the latest update I have had multiple problems that I've addresses with customer service who basically told me it wS my phone. But now as I read other reviews I know it is you and not me. As some of the others have said you can search for nook hooks but can't order them. I did finally find a way back to
B&N.com and sometimes it lets me order and sometimes not. But it is PIA to have to login then go into my account to be able to even find the link to b&n.com. It's really getting to the point of me possibly stopping using my nook and going to a kindle. Besides the fact they have one button ordering they also have way more books. Half of the authors I read don't have nook books but they are on kindle.
Needs more options...
I love Barnes and Noble and there stores but they need to update their app. It needs to be updated for the look and feel of iOS 9 and have versions for the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. There also needs to be an option to add your member card to Apples Wallet App so that you can scan your card from your phone. Also on a side note they really need to update their member program. I know people will pay and continue to pay the annual $25 fee and so will I but it would be nice not to have to pay to get a discount or at least get it free if you spend over a certain amount in a year. These things probably won't happen but here's hoping to progress.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 31, 2015
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 17.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- © 1997-2015 Barnesandnoble.com llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.