By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*IMPORTANT* Bastion requires an iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S or newer, or iPod touch (5th gen).
App Store BEST of 2012 Pick!
Reimagined for iOS, this award-winning action RPG experience redefines storytelling in games with a reactive narrator who marks your every move!
* * *
Bastion earned Editors' Choice on the App Store but that's not all! Here's what critics have to say:
"...simply astounding. This is an action RPG that deserves a spot on every gamer's iPad."
- SlideToPlay.com (4 out of 4 ""Must Have"")
"Bastion for iPad is just as good if not better than its console brethren."
- TouchArcade (5 stars out of 5)
"...a wonderful adaption of an outstanding action title... feels at home on the App Store."
- AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"It’s a beautiful, clever, absolutely one-of-a-kind experience."
- 148Apps.com (5 stars out of 5)
"Bastion is a textbook example of how to make an iPad port."
- IGN.com (9 out of 10)
* * *
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
What's New in Version 1.4
- Fix for localization on iOS 9
- Minor optimizations
The title of the review says it all, really. I played this game years ago and I'm just as awed by it as I was then. The graphics and soundtrack are amazingly beautiful. The gameplay is immersive, fun, and very customizable and strategic. It's not too hard, but you can use in game items to give yourself more of a challenge if you want.
The story, though, is Bastion's true strength. Every element of the game works together to make you really, truly understand and care about these characters, and certain parts are incredibly emotional. The world building is great, too. The world of Bastion seems like a real place after getting to know it all game long.
My only complaint is that the game is on the shorter side. However, with New Game +, you'll be able to enjoy it just as much the second time. The price is honestly a steal for a game of such quality.
If you only buy one game all year, please let it be this one (or Transistor by the same developers, but that's another story :P).Thank you, Supergiant Games, for the adventure of a lifetime.
Wonderful, but issues with Game Centre Achievements.
I love this game. After I reached max level in Transistor, I determined to try this one. It didn't fail me, absolutely. It wasn't the style that kept me fascinated in Transistor, to be honest. But still unique, cute, and delicate. The plots are great, no doubt on that. It has the same kind of stunning ending as Transistor. I won't talk about other merits like music and gameplay here. The only issue that I encountered was that I cannot unlock the 6 achievements in Game Centre No matter what I try. 2 from Kid's Dream, 2 from Survivor's Dream and 2 from Singer's Dream. Stranger still, it's possible to unlock the 2 achievements with all 10 shrine idols invoked. I wonder if I did something wrong in the process or it's simply a bug with game centre. I have seen the same issue raised on some forums. Since the issue is with game centre and by no means affect the game, 5 stars. But!! pls fix this if you can. Thanks!
A work of art
I'm quite serious when I say a work of art. While the start of movies gradually grew to become an art form, video games have now finally reached this level as well. Incredible design and amazing scenery. The use of literary plot devices like in medias res and apocalyptic scenarios. Throw in fun, challenging, and satisfying gameplay with shoot-em-up and brawler qualities in combat and you have yourself a revolutionary gaming masterpiece! I've played it about three times now, continually going back in the story discovering things I missed. It's fun, emotional, and still one of my favorite games to date out of all mobile, console, and PC games.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 27, 2016
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 1.28 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.