By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*IMPORTANT* Bastion requires an iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S or newer, or iPod touch (5th gen).
App Store BEST of 2012 Pick!
Reimagined for iOS, this award-winning action RPG experience redefines storytelling in games with a reactive narrator who marks your every move!
* * *
Bastion earned Editors' Choice on the App Store but that's not all! Here's what critics have to say:
"...simply astounding. This is an action RPG that deserves a spot on every gamer's iPad."
- SlideToPlay.com (4 out of 4 ""Must Have"")
"Bastion for iPad is just as good if not better than its console brethren."
- TouchArcade (5 stars out of 5)
"...a wonderful adaption of an outstanding action title... feels at home on the App Store."
- AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"It’s a beautiful, clever, absolutely one-of-a-kind experience."
- 148Apps.com (5 stars out of 5)
"Bastion is a textbook example of how to make an iPad port."
- IGN.com (9 out of 10)
* * *
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
What's New in Version 1.3
- Updated for iOS 9 compatibility
- Minor Optimizations
Worth the five dollars, Worth the five stars.
I never review anything, even when a game or app offers me free things for doing so.
I did, however, have to review this game because it was just so good.
It's an engrossing, beautiful, hugely enjoyable game with great gameplay, a unique story and fresh presentation.
The way the game is narrated gives every area you're in depth and makes the lore more believable.
This doesn't feel like a PC port at all and quite honestly its controls are better than most games that are made specifically for iOS.
I play a ton of games and it's a rare game nowadays that can grab me enough for me to finish it, and then lament doing so.
Which brings me to my only gripe which is the length.
I estimate an average time of five hours to complete give or take depending on the player.
5/5 Would buy again, Will replay again.
Easily 5 stars
I had so much fun playing this game. It's more than just a game too: it's a story. All the customization really makes you feel as though you are playing through the story with your own decisions; the controls and options just make this game more fun. Not sure how i feel about the whole idols shenanigans, but this game is definitely worth your time. Or i guess, maybe it isn't if you've got better things to do.
Stop reading and buy it: you're gonna love it!
I've played hundreds of games on iOS, and Bastion is by far one of the most excellent. Seamless and engaging gameplay, wonderful music, beautiful graphics, and a well thought out story (albeit a minimalist story, which totally works with the Bastion's mysterious and artistic style). I *HIGHLY* recommend it, and have purchased it as a gift for several friends. Enjoy!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 12, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 579 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.