By BBC Worldwide
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official BBC Sport app offers the latest sports news, live action, scores and highlights. You can now create a personalised “My Sport” page, choosing from more than 300 topics to bring the news and scores that matter to you into one place.
Users can also set alerts for football/F1/cricket/rugby, watch matches and highlights, read articles & live commentaries, and follow live scores.
- Home screen displaying the top stories across the world of sport
- Create a personalised “My Sport” page, bringing together the stories, results and fixtures for the topics you love - with more than 300 topics to follow
- Set alerts for sport news, more than 150 football teams, dozens of cricket and rugby teams, and every Formula 1 race
- Read the top sport headlines using our widget. Swipe down on your iPhone/iPad to see the top BBC stories from the world of sport
- Comprehensive football news, analysis, live scores, match stats and text commentaries – plus the gossip column
- Dedicated indexes for dozens of sports, including football, F1, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, tennis and golf
- A page for football teams and competitions including the Premier League
- A full season’s football fixtures and results searchable by day
- Football tables
- Share stories and results with your friends and followers
- The BBC will be adding new features to the app and will notify you when they become available in the App Store
A network connection is required in order to access content.
What's New in Version 1.8.5
* SPORT NEWS ALERTS
Don't miss out on the latest news and best of BBC Sport; add our sport news push alerts
* SPOTLIGHT SEARCH
Swipe down on the homescreen to see Spotlight search. You can search for over 300 topics (e.g. Football, Manchester United, Cricket, Formula 1), clicking topics will launch the BBC Sport app. A quick & easy way to open your favourite content
* 3D TOUCH
If you're lucky enough to have an iPhone 6S/iPhone 6S Plus, quickly open sections of the app with 3D Touch
More robust signed in experience, fix to the top stories widget & other performance improvements
Stop asking for my information
I actually like this app, although it should provide the same details (like team schedules) for rugby teams that it does for football teams. I love being able to personalize my teams.
And it used to work wonderfully on my iPhone. But three days ago, my teams stopped being personalized. And now, when I try to add them, it wants me to register. It doesn't NEED me to register; it REQUIRES me to register. Not cool -- the fact that I tell you who my preferred teams are gives you the information you need. My personal details, you don't need.
Can't live without it!!
Navigation needs improving, having to keep going back two steps because logical links don't exist is crazy..... Guess 3rd party coding without specifying the end user requirements is why you get illogical layout.
But has improved over the years and content is always 1st class.
Just annoying that some of the content is only available to UK residents. Not UK taxpayers and licence holders overseas.....
Close but no cigar
Layout is good.
Content is good.
Navigation needs improvement. Master menu should be easier to access.
Proximity of master menu & category menu is too close & frequently catches both.
Page level content needs better navigation options than back.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Mar 21, 2016
- Version: 1.8.5
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BBC Worldwide LTD
- © 2013 BBC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.