Bebop Walking Bass
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From the early 1920s, jazz musicians attempted to make their improvised lines flow more smoothly by connecting scales and scale tones through the use of chromatic passing tones. During that period of time such jazz giants as Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Wes Montgomery, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus began adding an extra half step to the different scales and the modes derived from it (i.e., dorian mixolydian, and locrian). This technique has the effect of making the scales rhythmically symmetrical when played in eighth notes, as most lines were at the time. For instance, a major scale played in eighth notes with the extra half step added. This material is widely used not only by bass guitarists, but also by double bassists.
Bebop scales is a serious material for improvisations. They are especially good in building WALKING BASS LINES in jazz. You can also see and hear the harmony over which Bebop scale is played. This is who does it well: Jeff Berlin, Richard Bona, Ray Brown, Ron Carter, Stanley Clarke, Nathan East, Matthew Garrison, Eddie Gomez, Charlie Haden, Dave Holland, Anthony Jackson, Alphonso Johnson, Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen, Gary Peacock, Miroslav Vitous.
The "Bebop Scales on Bass" is the one app that represent a big number of bebop scales in a very simple and visual way on your iPhone / iPad.
● About 370 of different Bass Bebop Scales, which can be easily transposed, resulting in more than 4,400 of total Scales (incl. variations and transposition)!
● Harmonization feature of every Scale: you can listen to the chords, over which given Scales can be played. More information about these chords you can find in our "Bassman" app. This is a common technique used by arrangers to harmonize melodic lines.
● Every scale is represented in several fingering layouts, vertical and horizontal, narrow or wide, at your taste! You can switch between them by tapping the "Variation" button!
● Transpose scales into any desired key by dragging notes on the screen with your finger!
● Metronome with adjustable tempo and time signature for training
● Cursor can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Notes can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Degree indicator. It allows you to examine scale steps in detail. (Degree on/off toggle is located at the bottom of the Settings page)
● Sharp and flat signatures correspond to the current Scale's key
● Fast cycled playback with adjustable tempo (30 - 360 BPM)
● Step by step note playback in both directions for detailed learning of Scales
● Manual note selection by tapping notes on the screen
● Six selectable harmony timbres to choose from
● Stereo Chorus FX for harmony chords at your choice
● Favorites button (a Star) to mark your favorite modes. After, you can access them all from "Favorites" folder in the Scales Selector.
● Master Tune parameter to use with bass guitars with different tunings
● designed for both iPhone and iPad
● iOS 7.0 and up compatible (incl. iOS 11)
What's New in Version 2.0
● the whole engine rewritten with new improvements and bug fixes
● graphics is redrawn in high resolution to support newest iPhone and iPad retina displays
● iOS 11 support added
● added adjustable Reverb effect, applied to bass guitar note sounds
● new redesigned Scales Selector
● new Favorites system. Favorites list is accessible from the Scales Selector
● alphabetical scale "Search by Name" feature, accessible from the Scales Selector
● interface sound effects volume now can be adjusted from Settings page
● added strings animation effect (can be switched on/off)
● added alternative cursor effect (selectable)
● "Tip of the Day" system added to tell you about interesting app features
● several 3-string bebop scales added to library
● theoretical material refreshed in accordance with modern trends
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 27, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 21.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dmitrij Pavlov
- © 2013-2017 Fonexsis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.