BeejiveIM with Push
By Beejive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** UPDATED for iOS7 **
Selected as one of the best apps in iTunes Rewind, see what reviewers are saying about BeejiveIM.
"With support for just about every major IM protocol we ever find ourselves using alongside things like voice/image transfers, Beejive was already our IM client of choice... Background notifications really just sealed the deal, and anything else they’ve added was just frosting on the already delicious cake."
"Overall, after testing various IM apps, Beejive is by far my favorite. The interface is slick and beautiful."
"BeejiveIM is an incredibly full-featured IM client, boasting capabilities that almost put it on par with desktop IM clients."
"Beejive IM is one of those mobile multi-network chat clients that's a joy to use--it's fast, graphically rich, and just works."
"BeejiveIM is a feature rich, multiprotocol instant messaging client that blows the pants off any other chat program offered in the App Store."
BeejiveIM. Instant messaging anywhere. Now with Push!
Stay connected to all your instant messaging buddies anywhere you go! BeejiveIM (pronounced \bē-hīv\ IM) keeps you in touch with your friends on AIM®/MobileMe®, MSN®/Windows Live®, Yahoo!®, GoogleTalk®, Facebook, MySpace and Jabber... all at the same time, all on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Beejive's reliable and efficient networking has been tested and proven on multiple platforms. Now it is available for the iPhone. Move from 3G, Edge, and wifi connections seamlessly. Stay connected after you close the application and be notified when you get a new message through push notifications. After being out of coverage BeejiveIM automatically reconnects and picks up where you left off.
BeejiveIM uses your phone's existing data plan or wifi connection, so you can save money by reducing your text messages.
Check out how BeejiveIM works before you buy! View our instructional videos:
BeejiveIM Key Features:
- BeejiveIM uses your existing data plan: no per-message charges.
- Reliable and efficient networking: be connected 24/7, and it's gentle on your battery.
- Be connected even after you close the application. Get notified instantly when you get a new message with Push Notifications.
- Works with multiple IM networks, multiple accounts per network: AIM®/iChat, MSN®, Yahoo!®, GoogleTalk®, Facebook IM, Jabber, and MySpace IM.
- Send and receive files, including pictures and voice notes. View and forward received documents.
- Share links, including send location support.
- Desktop-like instant messaging with all of your IM buddies from a single intuitive user interface.
- Real-time chats: quick switch between multiple simultaneous chats.
- Group chats: chat with multiple buddies on AIM, Yahoo, GTalk, or MSN.
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language supported by your iPhone.
- Landscape option, type with a larger keyboard.
- Chat history: Email chat logs to save chat history.
- Hyperlink support, automatically parses links for web pages, YouTube videos, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Emoticons support.
- SMS out, chat with your SMS buddies through AIM or Yahoo SMS out. SMS out is fully integrated with your iPhone/iPod Touch address book.
Account & Buddy Features:
- Manage your buddy-list, including add/remove, nicknames, groups, block, approve/deny requests.
- Merge multiple IM buddies for the same contact under a single buddy list entry with meta contacts.
- Sort/group/search your buddy list.
- Control your own availability, set auto-away and custom status messages, be invisible, change privacy controls.
- Configurable alerts, customizable sound, vibrate settings.
- Buddy icon support, view your friends' icons, set your own.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
- Fixed app freezing problem when opening from a push notification
I feel like I've written and rewritten reviews for this app about a hundred times now, once something gets fixed something else breaks. Whenever I close the app or go back to it after not using it for a while it takes forever for things to load so I can send or receive messages. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it a couple of times and it works great for a couple of days and then the problem starts up again, even on wifi when every other app I use is working just fine. This app is my favorite when it's working properly but that doesn't seem to be that often anymore.
Time to look for a different all-in-one. I used this app since 2008 (iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 now 5S) and I'm finally looking for something else. They fixed the freezing during push notifications that had been around nearly the whole time I had it. Now the issue I cannot handle is the time it takes to "connect". I'll have a push notification, then open the app to find it takes nearly a minute for the message to pop into conversation. Same thing happens when you send a message. It is difficult to have a conversation with these issues.
It's a great app but very buggy. Please fix the issue of freezing up on selecting settings and we should be able to see the picture of people offline and online. Plus should be able to buzz. Please fix the issue soon cause I like the app and will give it five stars but not until these things are fix. Thank you
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 27, 2014
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Beejive, Inc.
- © 2009-2011 Beejive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.