Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Special Sale ! For a limited time get Berlin Subway for only 0.79€. Original price 4.99€.
Berlin Subway is a comprehensive guide to traveling through Berlin (U-Bahn and S-Bahn) in Germany.
- Detailed map of Berlin subway. Landscape and portrait modes are available.
- Precise location of each station on the map (with a red circle), and also on Google Map.
- A bookmark manager allows you to save your stations and routes.
- The trip planner tool allows you to find automatically the best route to get to your destination in Berlin subway. Travel time is also estimated.
- Interactive map to choose your stations for the route.
- The route planner included in this application does not require a network connection to operate, it works perfectly while in the subway.
- The application locates the nearest subway stations from your position in Berlin. It is possible to increase or decrease the distance of localization in the settings.
- You can provide an address in Berlin, the application indicates the stations closest to that address.
- The application is available in English, French, Spanish, and Deutsch.
- Updates already in work for this application.
This application is authorized by Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH.
Skyhook Wireless, provider of the Wi-Fi Positioning System (WPS) on both iPhone and iPod touch, has chosen this application engine as a case study of interesting location based applications.
Thank you for taking the time to report any bugs or to request an enhancement to Berlin Subway Application. Feedback is very important to us. We will do our best to answer queries. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords : subway, metro, métro, underground, train, rapid transit system, map.
What's New in Version 1.2
Translation bug fixed.
Cant live without it
I cant live without these guides. I have them for Berlin, London, New York and others. They are absolutely invaluable when finding your way around a city you are unfamiliar with, where the station names seem strange, when the printed metro guides from the station are printed so small you cant read them, etc.
I bought the app because it works off line. Problem is that while it gives you the lines and stations it doesn't tell you the direction of travel. Which means I have to search a paper map or the wall maps at the station. Thus this app is useless! The same company sells a Paris metro map that is great. Thought I'd be safe buying this one too, I was wrong. Save your money. You can get the official Berlin trans app for free--it also doesn't show direction of travel. But it's free.
Not full retina
First, the app does not have Retina graphics, which is unbelievable since the Retina iPhone 4 has been available for almost two years, this would take about an hour to fix which tells me the developer doesn't really care that much.
The app is limited in its usefulness, location did not work most of the time and often small details are missing such as letting you know when there are no search results, it just shows blank.
I used this in Berlin and found myself frustrated with it and just got a subway map.
Save your money and just get a subway map for free.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 04, 2009
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Presselite
- © Presselite
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.