Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 6.0
Completely reimagined to be the best Bible App ever for your iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch:
● Simpler Navigation: Crisp, clean menus put you just one tap away from the things you do most.
● New Customization Options: All-new Theme colors let you make your Bible experience your own.
● Redesigned Home Feed: Clean, compact design simplifies connecting with your Friends around Scripture.
● All-New Audio Bible Controls: Adjust playback speed, skip forward/back, set a Timer to tell the Bible App how long to read to you.
● Verse of the Day “View all”: Find instant inspiration in verses from previous days.
● Added localizations for Bulgarian, Farsi, Latvian, and Spanish (Spain).
YouVersion: It’s Your Bible. Spread the Word.
Bookmarks prevent greatness
This application is very good: almost great. Multiple versions of the Bible at your fingertips, with the ability to take notes, create highlights, etc.: pretty much all of the main features you'd expect in a Bible app. I would have given it 5 stars but for the following 2 long-term issues with it:
1. There is no Back/Forward button. I realize there is a bookmark feature, but it takes a while to select the text, select the bookmark option, and save the bookmark. This is great when you have between-session locations you want to preserve and come back to later. But for in-session navigation, it would be nice if you could maintain a stack of locations with a Back/Forward button. This is akin to when you are listening to a sermon and you keep fingers in the book to maintain your place for when the preacher comes back to that spot. By the time you've created a bookmark, you've missed the preacher's sermon point.
2. The most irritating bug is the app's inability to correctly sync bookmark deletions across multiple devices. Say, for example, I create a bookmark on my iPad. It will appear also on my iPhone. However if I subsequently delete the bookmark from my iPad, it will remain on my iPhone and I can't get rid of it. I end up with a bunch of stranded bookmarks that I can't delete. It eventually becomes irritating enough to uninstall and reinstall the app.
I have 3 different bible apps I use depending on my preference and what type of style I prefer at the time, I do love almost everything about this bible app. I especially like the new and improved updates that have taken place recently. Thank you for making it have a cleaner interface! Also, thank you for making the audio work because the latest update I had, I couldn't find it nor get it to work!👍👍
However, with that being said, I do wish you would fix two things.
One, that the daily scripture would show on the home screen without having to access it through another button & that all of the ads for what current plans you can choose was not at the top of the home page. I just like things simple and before that was added and before the daily "check mark" for your plan competed was added, the daily scripture was all in a row- day by day without having all of the other stuff added throughout it!
Two: that each user has the option of either having the devotions on the home screen (mixed in or put above the daily scripture) whether they are completed or not. I find it frustrating that I myself can't clean up the FINISHED and unfinished devos on the home screen & they are just in the way. Which then makes it hard to view older daily scripture and having to search for them. If I'm having to search for them amidst a ton of what day was finished/unfinished with the current or old devotion then I'm not going to look very long.
Other than that, great bible app!
LOVE THIS SO MUCH
I use this bible app every day and I absolutely LOVE this new version!! It is so smooth and everything is right where you want it to be. Plus, the new themes are AWESOME! I love to customize literally everything I own so that was just a perfect touch. I JUST LOVE THIS APP SO MUCH! You guys just really knocked it out of the park. The version before this was occasionally frustrating because it was crashing a lot but THIS version just makes me want to read the bible all day! Which is good because I have like, 7 plans going right now. And if you can't tell, I really love using the reading plans feature! That's what helped me get into the daily habit of reading the bible. I also love how you can read even without wifi. That has been such a blessing when I'm out and about somewhere and I really need some comfort. I can just open the app and there is is, right there. Thank you guys so much for all the work you put into this app. I love it so much, and I don't know where I would be without it :)
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 18, 2015
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 36.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2015 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.