Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 100 million devices all over the world, people are reading, listening to, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, dozens of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes. Customize your experience for easy reading. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in nearly 150 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access.
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks. (Audio Bibles not downloadable.)
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of reading plans: Devotionals, topical plans, portions of the Bible, or the whole thing.
* Many reading plans are even available in multiple languages.
* You’ll find devotionals, as well as plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible.
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 4.4.2
Crash Fix: Corrects an iOS 7 compatibility issue
The Old Black Book
As an over the road truck driver, I sincerely appreciate this app. I am reading the Bible more often now and more of it since I can take it with me in more places and have quicker access when I do. It takes me back to when I was first born again (John 3:3) and how often I read the Bible as a newborn Christian...I love it!
I use Professor Horner's reading plan with the King James Version on my iPhone and on a Blackberry I was issued for work. I ran across a very similar 10 chap/day reading plan from from Chick Tracts some years ago that I loved, but it was inconvenient trying to keep my places with all the bookmarks. I love how the app does all of that for me and catches me up when I fall behind. Although I have only tried one other reading plan, I also see how it and the rest of this app is a very helpful tool for serious Bible study.
I will always love my black, leather bound KJV Bible and it is constantly with me. Nothing beats the feel of the Good Book (the greatest book!!) in your hands, but I am all for something such as this app which helps you dig deeper into and spend more time in The Word of God. This Thanksgiving season (as I am always) I am thankful for the written word, the Holy Bible and the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ!
PS Suggestion: please include the Reina-Valera-Gomez (RVG) with the Spanish translations. It is a Spanish translation of the KJV and relatively new. Thank you.
Law & Gospel Found in the Bible
Everything is covered in the Bible: from Creation of the world and all the flora and fauna and terrestrial and extraterrestrial (sun, moon, stars, planets) to the basics of society and government including fundamental laws and rules that govern society.
The Bible is made up of 66 different books and almost that many authors covering an array of subjects as well as types of literature like poetry, history, prophecy and wisdom.
The Bible is the only book that has been a best seller for centuries on end and sold worldwide on every continent---the only book translated in as many languages as there are people groups!
What I like about YouVersion is the ability to switch between different translations since I like cross-referencing word meanings. My fave versions for Bible study are Amplified, NIV, ESV and NKJV or KJV.
I also like being able to jot notes in my Bible, and the reading plans are great incentives to read the Bible either with a topical bent or historical flow.
Women are invited to join my Facebook group (private) where we follow a chronological reading plan and read through the Bible in a year; type "TTF Bible Reading Buddies" into the FB search bar and request to join the group.
*TTF stands for Titus Two Friends based on verses 2-5 of the New Testament book "Titus" authored by the apostle Paul.
LOVE! Not a better Bible app out there!
This is my favorite app by far! More versions available to you than you can count; daily reading plans, highlighting, bookmarking, and note taking ability are all fantastic BUT the ability to listen to Max McLean read aloud to me when I need is the absolute icing on the cake! I use it everyday. It does more than I've listed here but I do have one request that would make this app perfect in every way - I would love to be able to hit a back button of some kind when looking up multiple passages for bible study. I often find myself needing to refer back to one or more previously looked up passage/passages and can not do it without going back up to the top and typing them in again. This would be a fantastic update and make it perfect in my opinion. It would also be great to have the ability to specify which verses you want the audio version to specifically read instead of having to start from the beginning of the chapter each time and try to use the scroll bar at the bottom to find the right verse you want read. Again, useful in Bible study situations. We sometimes have Max read our study passages out loud for us in group, especially if they are long :-) either way - it's fantastic and a blessing! Thank you for such a fabulous app!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 20, 2013
- Version: 4.4.2
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2013 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.