Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 6.5
● Right-to-left localizations (like Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew) are now optimized.
● The process to Sign Up for a free YouVersion account is easier than ever before.
● Bug fixes.
Helped me to learn to love the Word
This App is really helpful. I like having a wide range of translations. Thanks to this app I've learned to appreciate NLT, Amplified, and others, in addition to the classic KJV. I also like being able to turn verse that really stand out to me into pictures and such. It can be a little slow at times, but I chalk it up to if I haven't already used it for the day. I do think there could be some improvement as far as that is concerned, but technology isn't always as reliable as we expect it to be (that's more of a problem on our end then technology I must add). I do and don't like the feature of people seeing what I'm reading, but for the times I don't It, I like that I can adjust the settings so people don't know. I LOVE THE VARIETY OF BIBLE PLANS BTW. this app has really helped me develop a love for the Word. Initially it took me having to force myself at times to read my plans and finish them in a timely manner. However as I've just stuck to it, and thanks to the variety of translations, I've really been able to understand the Word in a way that's personal and long lasting for me. This really is a great app, and for all ages because they do have plans for children, teens, families, etc. great job to the team who created it, and keeps it updated and on point. Overall this a great app for all who want to read the Bible, whether new converts, curious spectators, or seasoned saints, this really is worth the download.
I use this all the time. I, personally, do not care for the NIV. I am much more if a fan of the NAS bible and this app allows me to access it online, however, if I am unable to access the Internet I use the World English Bible or the ASB for offline study. I also will often cross reference the other translations to see how they convey a certain passage's message. I find I use hop between the King James, NIV, and NAS the most. People really need to understand the importance of translation and accuracy. Folks the King James is really not the place to be if an accurate translation is important. It has a very Catholic slant. It is important to be leery of newer translations that supposedly make it easier to read and understand. Accuracy should be your goal and that would be the ASB, however, if you are a bit seasoned and wise you might prefer the readability of the NASB. Still it is very interesting to cross reference the many available translations.
I must confess I would like a bit easier or streamlined bookmark system and going to books of the bible. Plus, when you do a search and click on a verse from your search results when you are done it would be nice to return exactly to where you were on that search instead of going back to the initial search and having to wade back through your entire search results.
Still excellent app!!
Love This app!
I absolutely love this app! I have it on my iPad and iPhone and it's a wonderful addition to my bible study. It responds very quickly going from screen to screen. Love having all the different bible versions to study, to help me get the real meaning of a verse. I also really enjoy the reading plans. They are short but filled with wisdom that apples to everyday life. It's nice to have the reminders emailed to me in case I forget a day or two. The other thing that's really nice about this app is the ability to bookmark my favorite verses. Sometimes if I need some encouragement, I can go directly to the verses that speak to me and have them all in one place. I haven't used this feature yet, but it's nice to know I have a whole version of the bible on my iPad in case I'm somewhere with no Internet connection. They are getting more versions that you can download and have available if you have no connection. Excellent app! Thanks so much for making it available. Very stable, never crashes. The only slightly irritating thing I've noticed lately is when I'm reading in a plan and I scroll to the bottom all of a sudden the screen will jump and I'm back at the top again. Then I need to scroll back down to find where I was. Other than that I absolutely love this app. Thank you so much for making it available
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 03, 2015
- Version: 6.5
- Size: 41.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2015 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.