Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 130 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, and hundreds of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
Now, Bible App 5 brings you brand new features that allow you to explore the Bible with your
closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice
of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions,
in over 400 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB,
ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access
(available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks (Audio
Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking,
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app
as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as
well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries,
the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep
track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks,
email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only
you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your
notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size,
and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible
* Like us on Facebook:
* Follow us on Twitter:
* Catch up on the latest on our blog:
* Use YouVersion online:
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy
the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 5.0
We’re thrilled to introduce Bible App 5, our biggest update ever. Now you can bring some of your favorite people into the picture as you explore the Bible with your closest friends.
* “Home” view now streams Bible activity from you and your closest Friends
* “Friendships” feature helps you explore the Bible with your Friends
* Like and comment on Friends’ bookmarks, highlights, notes, and more
* Share your thoughts, ask questions, and enjoy meaningful conversations with Friends
* Get to everything faster: Your plans, bookmarks, notes, highlights, and friends
* View all your highlights in list form for the first time
* updated design for iOS 7
Good app, nice update, caveat takes away one star
This update in one phrase: Like God's Book meets Facebook. Great app once again; keeps God's Word handy,
and better for reading the OJB version than the physical copy I purchased....the font size/Style used in the paperback was heinous.
I have gone through the entire Bible two times ever since I installed this. Great for bookmarking where you left off on one device and immediately picking up on another. Great for quoting also, and I just adjusted my settings to show footnotes and resources when available.
On a side note, can someone teach me how to change the home screen so it will not open by default the social updates? Or do I have to by force unlink Facebook and Twitter? I am a bit low on attentiveness, and this would spell murder for my daily reading, not to mention my plans to also do some deep searching through the Scriptures. I can already see the possibility...."Hmmm, let me go to God's Word to find out. what relevance does the Passover have to my own crucifixion of my human nature as a disciple and imitator of the Lamb of God...oh, wait, someone in my circle is talking about whether or not the celebration of the Jewish feasts is complementary or counterproductive to the gospel?" And then I just blew 2 hours of my time in a serendipitous journey through the Outer Courtyards and not in the Holy of Holies.
Absolutely stupendous app! This makes the entire Bible incredibly portable: remember how you could at one time get one inch thick, 4" by 2" pocket New Testaments, with tiny type? Now you have the entire Bible in an iPhone for when you need to look at a reference and take a note on it. And your notes are accessible on your iPad, when you're at Bible study or reading at home. And then those are again accessible on your iPhone when you're again on the go.
And now, you can share with your friended brothers and sisters. Amazing.
And you can try many different versions, simply by using the drop-down menus. My favorite, now, after years of seeking and comparing: the WEB (World English Bible), because our Father's name is given when He intended it to be (YHWH or Jehovah instead of The Lord). Now, if only His Son were likewise named (Yeshua, instead of Jesus). There's strength in the truth of names! Thank you, WEB, and thank you YouVersion, for making it available to me!
The Best Bible App
Version 5.0 edit:
Wow! This update is classy and loads so quickly. I love the design, and the app gives so many options. My favorite is still being able to download and read multiple versions of the Bible offline- it has worked wonders for my relationship with Christ, since I tend to read the Bible right before I sleep! Overall, wonderful!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I love this app. It is extremely user friendly, and it is easy to look for verses. I love the amount of reading plans they have, and it's great being able to see the new progress bar.
My only dislike is how slow this app is, especially when going to the reading plans. It takes quite a while to load up the plans, and a while to go to the specific plan you've chosen. The app also takes a while to start up.
Otherwise, this is a great Bible app. I recommend it for everybody. There are so many translations, and they have audio bibles. Definitely download this app!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 08, 2014
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 13.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2013 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.