Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 160 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, and hundreds of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
Now, Bible App 5 brings you brand new features that allow you to explore the Bible with your
closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice
of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions,
in over 675 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB,
ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access
(available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks (Audio
Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking,
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app
as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as
well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries,
the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep
track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks,
email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only
you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your
notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size,
and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible
* Like us on Facebook:
* Follow us on Twitter:
* Catch up on the latest on our blog:
* Use YouVersion online:
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy
the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 5.8.1
● ALL-NEW FEATURE: VERSE IMAGES!
• From inside the Bible App, turn verses or passages into images you can share with Friends.
• Choose from more than 60 beautiful, high-res backgrounds.
• Customize your images with fonts, colors, and other effects.
• Share directly into your Bible App Home feed, as an SMS or email, or to social media.
● The Bible App now loads much faster for most users.
● Act directly on Notifications: Accept a Friend request, Like a Friend’s activity, and more — even from your lock screen!
● Now you can also share to WeChat.
● Smarter sharing overall: the Bible App now automatically adjusts Twitter posts for length, adds a Subject line to emails, and more.
● Added Albanian localization.
This is a wonderful bible app. And it's free! I love this app because instead of having to search through the pages in the bible you can just tap the chapter and verse you would like to go to and it will bring you there! Also this is a great app because you can highlight and writes a note about a verse you like and it will save to your account. Now your probably wondering about the account but it's nothing big lol all you have to do it chose an email and password and confirm your email and there you get to have your own account also they do not send stuff to your emails so that's a plus! I'm so happy to have found this app because it's also so easy to just to be able to have a bible with you at all times! I have look all over for a good bible app and this is the best one! You can also pick different font sizes. So incase you have glasses and forget them all you have to do can is make the font Bigger! Another thing is, is that you can connect with Facebook and find friends
Who have this app and you will be able to see what they highlighted and if the take notes/comments you'll be able to see though's as well! So yes I 100% love this bible app. And I defiantly think you should give it a try your self!:)
This is the best Bible app I've experienced. I enjoy having access to the wide array of plans, and the daily verse. I start each day with checking out the daily verse. The videos are good as well, and I like having access to the YouVersion Live.
I especially enjoy the new image maker. The preselected images are beautiful. I do wish there was a way to use my own images from my camera roll, however I can understand how this may create an issue- as some may use inappropriate images.
The Biblical plans offer a healthy variety of plans- including plans for children. After completing a plan it goes under the completed plans list. One can tap on it, however it doesn't give one access to the plan from the list. Access to the plan from the list would be great as one may want to return to it to refresh.
I would like an option to highlight sections of a verse instead of having to highlight the whole verse, every time. Other than these minor suggestions, it's a great app and I truly enjoy reading the Bible from my phone with the YouVersion format, and the plans are truly fantastic. I've used this app for close to three years. I've tried out other apps, but always return to this one!
(This first two parts aren't app-specific pros, although it kind of relates to it.)
Personally, I like reading The Bible on my phone better because it's easier in my opinion to remember to read it, better annotations, and it's easy to highlight verses since I usually don't have a pen around.
Because of those reasons, I tend to read my mobile Bible more often than my hardback Bible. I am not against hardbacks, but I just read more on my phone, even books other than The Bible. And I found that when I read my Bible (almost) daily I feel God's presence more often. It's amazing and humanly impossible things happen when you feel God. And this mobile app helps me to remember to read my Bible. I love it.
And this is a great app. I love how it has many translations and versions so I can compare how the NIV differs from the ESV and such. I like how it gives me the option to make the background black so it doesn't strain my eyes as much. I love how I can highlight verses and how I have more color options than orange, blue, red, and yellow. I highlight the verses in different colors to differentiate between how they go together. It would be nice if we could highlight part of a verse and not only the whole thing, though, because some verses are like, more than one sentence and only one of them speaks to me. That's why I gave it four stars.
It's still a great app and I wouldn't discourage anyone from downloading it.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 19, 2015
- Version: 5.8.1
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2014 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.