Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 160 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, and hundreds of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
Now, Bible App 5 brings you brand new features that allow you to explore the Bible with your
closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice
of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions,
in over 675 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB,
ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access
(available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks (Audio
Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking,
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app
as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as
well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries,
the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep
track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks,
email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only
you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your
notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size,
and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible
* Like us on Facebook:
* Follow us on Twitter:
* Catch up on the latest on our blog:
* Use YouVersion online:
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy
the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 5.7
• Share to any installed apps that appear on iOS’s built-in share view (such as Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, WhatsApp, etc.)
• My Plans view now includes Bible Plan images
Great app, but still needs a little tweaking
This is probably one of the best apps, if not the best, for reading the Holy Bible in many different versions and languages. It has everything (almost) one could think of in a Bible software, and keeps getting better. I've used since its first version, and have seen it progress a lot over the years.
However, I'm still facing a problem with searching for phrases in the Arabic version (VanDyke). Many times it returns an error. This is annoying since I use the app most of the time for searching for verses that I know parts of and want to know where it was mentioned. Maybe they have to change the searching method to include words with similar letters not just exact letters; this way the search engine of the app will compensate for letters (of words) written incorrectly or differently from the verse, or with different Arabic ligatures. I know this can be confusing to English readers, but Arab readers who are familiar with the Arabic alphabet will know what I mean. This functionality is a basic one for any Bible app, and it just needs to work. So, please pay attention to it.
Other than that, it's a great app. Enjoy reading the Bible.
Excellent app for your daily reading
This is the first app I download on every device I have, and I have a lot of devices; ranging from iPhone and Galaxy smartphones, to my iPad, in my household, as I work on the technology field. On any platform, without fail, this app works perfectly. My favorite feature is the bookmarks. They are incredibly easy to use, and peruse through later whenever you should need to.
There are even free plans to read the Bible in a year, which some apps charge for, or require a 'premium' (paid) account to use.
I personally use the Common English Bible translation (CEB) which uses a much more modern tone, and that makes it a lot easier for me to read daily. I personally can't really read any of the older translations consistently, and thankfully they have a very wide selection of different translations, and every one of them are free to download to your phone. However, if you don't mind using up a lot of your monthly smartphone data, you can simply change between the different translations on the fly without wifi, without downloading them (each translation you download takes up minimal space on your device, but memory is still a consideration for a lot of people) and find one that's right for you.
All in all, amazing app, and to the developers, I want to say both good job making such an awesome app for such a good purpose, and also thank you for making the world a better place with this free and easy-to-use app.
My Daily Bread!!!
I love the app! The search option is my favorite feature. If I type in "faith" for example, it will pull up all related scriptures. The bible plans are great too, though I wish there was a feature where you could save the bible plans for later reading. You can't save a bible plan unless you start the plan. Which is annoying because if you're already on a plan, you don't want to start another. I would love to be able to save the ones I come across and have the ability to use them at my own leisure. Being able to send scriptures and copy passages is pretty sweet also, I still love an hand held bible but the quick accessibility of this app is priceless! Oh, and being able to switch between versions/translations is a feature I hope they keep forever. Some versions are easier to understand for certain passages, being able to switch allows me to obtain better understanding on certain verses without having to call someone. Love the app!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jan 30, 2015
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 35.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2014 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.