By Ben Spratling
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BibleXpress delivers the power of a computerized Bible in an exceptionally intuitive user interface, designed exclusively for the iPhone/iPod Touch, making it easy for the everyday Christian to access the Word of God. Please visit the webpage for many more screenshots, free tutorial videos, additional copyright information, and users' testimonies about how Christ has changed their lives.
• Scripture - BibleXpress delivers a variety of Bible translations, from conservative to contemporary. Version 1.3.1 comes with ASV (American Standard Version), ESV (English Standard Version), (KJV) King James Version, LBLA (La Biblia de Las Américas), (NASB) New American Standard Bible, NRSV (New Revised Standard Bible, with Apocrypha), and TM (The Message) built-in, and requires no internet connection.
• Scroll through the lists of translations, books & chapters, or type one in and get it directly. Resize text with a pinch, move between chapters with a swipe, and use a "verse index" to scroll through a chapter extra fast. Tap on a verse or verses and tap the "+" button to make a bookmark. Footnotes are included for some translations. Did I mention landscape mode?
• Searching - Search the Bible with a powerful search engine with options most desktop apps don't have. Verse previews, etc...
• Saving - Organize your bookmarks as you see fit, in hierarchical file/folder-like fashion. Type in notes that go in the folder as well, or type notes for a particular verse.
• Sharing - Share your bookmarks with your neighbor by e-mail (Requires internet connection). BibleXpress turns your hierarchical bookmarks into an outline format, including scripture and your verse notes. Other BibleXpress users can import the bookmarks directly into BibleXpress by tapping a link in the e-mail.
• Semantics - BibleXpress includes Easton's Bible Dictionary, with about 4,000 names, places, and Christian-specific definitions with scripture hyperlinks.
• Prayer Journal - Keep track of your prayers by contacts, categories and the calendar.
*BibleXpress will continue adding popular translations in free updates until at least 80% of revenue is being paid as royalties.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
Bug fixes for 1.6, mostly related to iPhone/iPad cross-compatibility, landscape/portrait rotations, and saving "state." See www.biblexpress.com/Bug_Blog/Bug_Blog.html for complete details.
Look no further... you've found the best Bible app! Worth every penny.
****please o PLEASE update for iOS 6 compatibility!!**** I use this every day and it won't open on iOS 6.
Do NOT let the price tag scare you off! This is by far, no doubt, no comparison, no one else in even close the best Bible app out there. Easy to search, notate, and reference. With additional translations coming available as FREE (did I mention FREE?!) updates, this one is WAY worth the price. No way you'll find this many translations, with no 'net connection necessary, under $30 in any form. Add to it each translation is searchable, and you have instant concordances for all of them. Take notes... bookmark passages... then email them to yourself or others. In my opinion, the only thing it's missing are original language (Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic) texts, but I understand those would be huge hurdles to overcome.
As a pastor, I no longer need to carry my bible with me to the hospital, for example... I whip out my iPod and I've got what I need. This app is the smartest $30 I've spent in ministry this year. Ben is doing an AMAZING job on this project... keep it up! Blessings.
*****some suggestions, but nice app*****
Please take note: I would love this app if: The 'graphical scroll wheel could be changed to show more bible books at a time-I think the use of space could be better to show more bible books. I'm touching only a tiny part of the screen to scroll through the bible-kind of constricting considering choosing the bible book verse location is most important of all on this page. The other apps have a more pleasant and faster design. Also, it was a bit of a heartache when reading chapters consecutively... there is no smooth way to read from one chapter to the next... one would have to go back to the constricting bible book/verse chooser to scroll forward to the next chapter - 3 more finger touches and 2 extra screen changes would put me behind if I'm trying to follow someone reading from the pulpit straight through from one chapter to the next... does not want me to use this app at all. I like this app very much, but can't use it for the purpose I bought it for. Hope it gets tweaked some more....
Nice app - but will not migrate or restore to new iPad
DO NOT BUY UNTIL YOU READ THIS…. I purchased this app several years ago (full price) and love it. However, when I recently purchased a new iPad and migrated my apps over, this is the only app that no longer works (paid or free). The app appears to start and immediately shuts down. I followed the Apple Support forum instructions to download and try to reinitiate the app. When the recommended instructions did not work, I went to the developer's website and using the email listed on Ben Spratling's main website, submitted an email request for help. That was shortly after Thanksgiving 2012. After a couple of weeks and receiving no response, I sent a followup email. Today it has been almost two months and no response and I still cannot us an app I paid full price for with the expectation to be able to use is on my iPad. I sent another email today but do not expect to get any response. I would give the app 5 stars but the developer is a ZERO in response or support. Don't waste your money….
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 07, 2010
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 30.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Benjamin Spratling
- © 2008 Ben Spratling
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.