BikeGPX is the best way to navigate fixed-route rides such as charity rides, sportives and audaxes where a GPX file has been provided by the organizer, as well as routes you plan yourself in advance.
- Easily send GPX files to your phone from your Mac or PC - no account required
- Off Route Alarm plays a sound if you go off your route
- On-screen Elevation Graph shows what big hills are coming up (in-app purchase required)
- Sharp Turn Alarm looks for upcoming sharp turns and plays a warning sound (in-app purchase required)
- Route ahead highlighting indicates which way to go when different parts of the route overlap
- User accounts allow access to your routes from multiple devices
- Routing continues to work when the app is backgrounded or the phone is in sleep mode
- Optional track recording, so you can export your ride as a GPX when completed
- Support for Bluetooth speed/cadence sensors, heart rate monitors and power meters
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
New in 3.1.1:
- Fixes potential crash when settings a goal
New in 3.1:
- Waypoints from imported GPX files are now shown on the map and can be set as goals
- (Premium only) Audible alerts for waypoints
- (Premium only) Long press the Elevation Graph to set a temporary waypoint anywhere on your route, and count down the distance and climb to get there, with an audible alert when you reach it.
Ratings and Reviews
Stop looking and use this app
The free version works great. When you open the gpx link on an iPhone just touch the square with the arrow on the top right (as if sending) and then tap on the app. Very accurate and beeps when you go off course. I used it with a Bluetooth earbud and had hands free riding.
Intuitive and provides what we need
This was the second app we tried for using other people’s bicycle routes, and we don’t need to look any further. It was extremely easy to use.
Simple and clear navigation. Stellar.
Frustrated with navigation in other apps? This is the solution. Plan your routes as usual, then import them here before heading out.
- Graham Parks
- 21.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2018 Graham Parks
- In-App Purchases
- BikeGPX Premium $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.