Bike Citizens app - the first cycling app designed for cyclists in urban areas! Real-time route calculation prioritizing bike friendly ways. With precise audio notifications, without active data connection, saving battery and roaming costs. Individual routing from easy to fast as well as tracking options. Available in more than 450 cities in Europe, Australia and the US. Winner of the Eurobike Award 2015.
• Route calculation from every location to every address in town, prioritizing cycle ways, cycle paths and living streets
• Precise audio notifications
• Works offline: no roaming costs in foreign countries
• Categorized lists of sights, from which you can create individual tours
• Tracking via GPS: biking time and distance overview
• Bicycle optimized map style
• Summary and heat map view of recorded tracks
• Local and international cycling campaigns, like Bike2Work and road safety campaigns
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE CITIES:
• Australia: 16 cities, e.g. Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
• Austria: all 9 capital cities, Vienna, Graz
• Belgium: 8 cities, e.g. Antwerp, Brugge, Brussels, Gent
• Croatia: Zagreb
• Czech Republic: Brno, Prague
• Denmark: Bornhom, Copenhagen
• Finland: Helsinki
• France: 40 cities, e.g. Paris, Marseille
• Germany: 73 cities, e.g. Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Bremen/Bremerhaven
• Hungary: Budapest
• Ireland: Dublin
• Italy: 40 citiers, e.g. Florence, Milan, Rome, Turin
• Luxembourg: Luxembourg
• Netherlands: 24 cities, e.g. Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague
• Norway: Bergen, Oslo
• Poland: 21 cities, e.g. Warsaw
• Portugal: Lisbon, Porto
• Slovenia: Ljubljana, Maribor
• Spain: 55 cities, e.g. Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Málaga
• Sweden: 21 cities, e.g. Stockholm, Malmoe, Gothenburg
• Switzerland: 7 cities, e.g. Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Zurich
• Turkey: Istanbul
• United Kingdom: 61 cities, e.g. London, Manchester, Birmingham, Kingston, Coventry
• United States: 67 cities, e.g. New York, Las Vegas, LA
Cities which aren't already for free in the app can be unlocked by:
• "Cycle to Free": When installing a new city, chose the option "Cycle to Free". All you have to do is cycle 100km within 30 days and track your routes.
• Voucher code
• In-app purchase: 4,49€
• Bike Citizens Flatrate: All cities for only 19,99€
• Bike Citizens PRO subscription for 4,99€/month: Unlock profile customization options, unlimited city pack downloads, with even more features coming soon! The subscription will be charged monthly to your iTunes Account and renews automatically every month unless you disable it at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period from Account Settings. The currently active subscription period cannot be cancelled.
• Eurobike Award 2015
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
WHAT MAPS ARE USED?
The Bike Citizens app (former BikeCityGuide) is a navigation app based on the great OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite everybody to take a look at wiki.openstreetmap.org in order to learn more about OSM, how it works and how you can contribute. The insider tours were created by local bike messengers, the sights descriptions are from Wikipedia.
HOW TO GET MY SMARTPHONE ONTO MY BIKE?
With the smarthpone mount "Finn" you can mount any phone easily onto the handlebar. Developed by Bike Citizens the mount “Finn” comprises a voucher to download a city of your choice for free. Find out more on http://getfinn.com
If you have questions, suggestions, troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us in order to make this app even better! Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are you waiting for? Enjoy your ride and experience how pleasant and relieving it can be to discover your city by bike!
Bike Citizens – Designed for Cyclists, by Cyclists!
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Bike Citizens keeps GPS on in the background only while navigating.
The Bike Citizens app now offers a bunch of new features and campaigns - like the new GPX export, finally ;-). If you are tired of switching on and off the tracking function for every ride, try our new Smart Tracking beta version. It starts and stops tracking automatically when riding your bike. Among small improvements some cities host exiting cycling campaigns such as the Moon Challenge in Bremen, the Bike Benefit System in Hamburg or Bike2Work in Austria and Hungary. You want to improve your language skills - try to navigate in Hungarian language. Menjünk és szórakozni ;-)
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app in NYC and there are so many poorly designed details that I would just rather use Google Maps. The map itself is hard to read, due to the color scheme; getting directions to a specific destination is not smooth - it is unintuitive and takes like 5-7 taps (compared to Google Maps which takes 2-3); addresses are not presented in an easy to read format (I don't need the name of the county!); and there's no integration with google maps locations, which means you have to type in the full address of a destination, instead of the name of it. Overall, it seems like it's probably designed for European cities, and that's why some of the nuances of maps/directions are off.
Very useful app
Just started biking and am using this app to track my time/distance as well as show me good routes. It sometimes sends me strange ways - once it sent me through a private parking lot - but is in general great at showing you the way to go. Love it. It even works on my bet up old iPhone 5! It's not perfect - the odd directions sometimes and an upload bug which I've reported, so 4.5 if I could!
Best bike app
After downloading various bike apps in the app store, I have finally found the right one.
Bike citizens is just what you want from a bike app. The gps component is outstanding. It calculates the best route depending on the type of bike you're riding. 5 starts
- Bike Citizens Mobile Solutions GmbH
- 229 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © BikeCityGuide Apps
- In-App Purchases
- All cities $17.99
- City Pack Berlin $3.99
- City Pack for New York $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.