Blackdove is a digital motion art gallery representing today’s most compelling global artists all packaged in a mobile application. Imagine your television elevating in purpose to fill your environment with beautiful modern motion artwork. Simply download the app, connect to your internet connected television and begin experiencing the world's finest motion art.
From within the app, you are able to preview the artwork with a simple tap of the screen, learn more about artists and discover the techniques the artists are using to build these fine works. Each month we rotate a supply of featured art as part of our free collection. When you are ready to unlock the entire library of content, currently over 400 works and growing daily, you can subscribe for a $4.99 monthly fee.
We have worked hard to let the technology become invisible, allowing a seamless experience to display this content on smart and internet connected screens. Blackdove is about sharing a global experience. Artwork from a global roster of artists being displayed around the world. Join the movement.
Welcome to Blackdove and thank you for the support.
- Blackdove is a monthly renewing $4.99 monthly subscription managed from within the App Store
- The first month is always free, so experience the wonderful world of video art without risk.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- When you pass the 30 day period, if you no longer want to keep the subscription, make sure auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Manage Subscriptions page
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bug fixes
- Sound added to artworks when viewing artworks fullscreen within the mobile app
- Hiding / showing of UI elements by tapping on the screen when viewing artworks in fullscreen mode
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept if it worked
I tried connecting to my Apple TV twice - no luck. And yes, I followed setup instructions. And the in-app help doesn’t work either
Neat but needs app work
Would be great but fails to orient correctly half the time. I have to use iPad to play pictures on smart TV. Orientation on TV is usually wrong even after selecting orientation in settings.
App Needs Major Overhaul
UPDATE #5–SOFTWARE IS SO UNSTABLE. DIGITAL ART NO LONGER DISPLAYS CORRECTLY. IT APPEARS THAT THEY HAVE STOPPED SUPPORTING THE PRODUCT ALTOGETHER. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT WASTING $1K ON THE SCREEN. SAVE YOUR TIME, MONEY AND YOURSELF FROM FRUSTRATION!!
Concept and digital motion art is spectacular when it works but App is broken.
Update 1/14/17-- App will not load and display shows error upon start-up. Please fix your app and continue support of this great concept.
Update 9/14/17--Seriously Blackdove...what did you do with all the great artwork?! The selections in the updated version of app are all abstract and they blast techno music (artwork is constantly changing don't like that either) such a disturbance. No longer do I have access to the nice landscapes or creative artwork that you once supplied. Finally, even the decent one or two pieces don't always open in full screen. Many times I get 60% of the picture and the rest is a black screen. Fix everything please!
Update 9/15/17--some of the artwork was returned, thank you (still lacking much of the art I use to display as compared to previous versions, not sure why??). Unfortunately, still experiencing issues with certain artwork not displaying across the full screen and also my auto on functionality no longer starts with last piece of displayed artwork. Can you remove the requirement to change artwork on a certain interval? Sometimes I enjoy displaying the same piece for weeks on end.
Update 10/29/17–software is broken yet again lol. After about an hour of playback, no matter the art selection, the picture just freezes. What is going on—the instability of the software is quite frustrating. You guys always respond and fix the bugs but it would be nice to not experience so many all the time.
- Blackdove Inc
- 64 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Blackdove Inc. 2015
- In-App Purchases
- Blackdove Open Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Blackdove Monthly Subscription $4.99
- $1.99 Blackdove Video $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.