By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the latest release of the official Blogger app, and start blogging on the go. With Blogger for iOS you can:
* Compose a post that you can save to draft or immediately publish
* View list of your saved and published posts
* Switch account/blog if you have more than one
* Embed an image from the gallery, or, by taking a picture directly from the app
* Add labels to your posts
* Add location information
With the Blogger app for iOS, you can quickly and easily publish posts to your blog wherever you are.
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
Minor bug fixes.
Really convenient but...
When I found out there was a blogger app, I got pretty excited, and for good reason. The app is simple and convenient; it makes blogging just that much easier.
However, there is so much that you can do with Blogger on your PC, and MANY of those capabilities are missing in the app. Things like adding links are handy, but missing. My previously used labels aren't suggested like they are, and that's always helpful. And I always enjoy being able to see my audience and pageviews, and I can't see those on the app.
The app has so much potential, and right now, it's great for blogging on the go and being right there at your fingertips. There is so much more that can be available through the app, though, like the things mentioned above. Overall, good app, but not GREAT app.
Lacking any guts.
If you want to update your blog with a few sentences and a single picture, this is your app. If you want to do anything that is easily done on a desktop, like links, movies, or anything more complicated than what an elementary schooler with a five minute attention span could execute, this app won't do it. I've lost multiple entries while I was in the middle of drafting them. When you post an extensive entry, like after a vacation, with lots of pictures, only half of them actually make it to the site. They show up on a draft, but it doesn't translate over. In this age of traveling technology, apps that address daily adventures must be able to handle the requirements of recording such adventures. This app needs to grow up, the Internet is no place for an app we can't rely on.
UPDATE: There is a bug that takes away the keyboard keys if you switch windows. The only way to get them back is to save your active post and restart the program.
Good but needs some improvements
The concept of this app is great but it is missing some things that I would like. First and most important is it will only allow you to add one photo at a time. My blog is about my baby growing up so I want to add tons of photos and it's so time consuming to add only 1 at a time! Please fix this, app creator. Also the other thing is that you have to click edit like three times to edit drafts and I don't understand why. Oh and each time you want to add a new photo you have to make sure the cursor is where you want it to put the picture because it defaults to the top of the page and not the bottom which I think is weird too. This app has potential but I prob won't use it for my second kid simply because of these photo upload problems.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 01, 2013
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.