Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** 60% OFF SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME **
Read what you like and blog what you think. Blog writer and RSS reader all in one app on your iPhone/iPod touch at a low price.
For your peace of mind, try the free version BlogWriter Lite before purchase. Please note that the lite version can only do text blogging.
- Google Blogger (blogger.com / blogspot.com)
- MSN Live Spaces
- Self-host WordPress blogs
- MetaWeblog access enabled blogs
- Sync, publish, edit, delete posts.
- Publish posts enclosing photos.
- Upload photos to your blog photo album.
- Geotag photos and embed geotag info in posts.
- Multi-languages support (UTF-8 encoding)
- Full featured RSS reader to track your favorite feeds.
NOTE: Limited by MSN Live Spaces server, VirtueSoft BlogWriter doesn't support photo uploading with MSN Space blog.
What's New in Version 3.2.6
1. Fixed the keyboard bug happening in 3.1 OS
2. Added the photo uploading size and layout width settings
Ever since upgrading my self hosted blog to WordPress 3.0 (and now 3.01), I haven't even been able to use the WordPress iPhone app. Even the iBlogger app would no longer function. For the record, my desktop blog authoring tool also doesn't function properly with my site. I've been doing some research on this and apparently there are a lot of other people who are having the same problems as I am.
Well, I tried this blogging app and it works absolutely flawlessly. I don't know how, or why, but I am glad it works. And for that, it gets a perfect rating. I can post photos totally pain free as well. Everything works as it should, including the ability to geotag blog postings.
Potential, But Needs Work
This seems like it could be a really good app. It has potential. However, at the moment, it doesn't work particularly well. I like the simplicity of the opening page, but it has some issues with actually posting things. Here are the errors I have experienced (I am working with Blogger, a Macbook, and an iPod touch, by the way):
-When posts are deleted on the website (via computer) they still appear on my iPod. When they are deleted on my iPod, they still appear on the website. I got this to correct a couple of times by restarting the iPod, but it is still buggy.
-It does not post the correct time on blog posts. Minor detail, but a little annoying. I thought perhaps this had to do with the clock or time settings on my iPod, or my location according to Blogger, so I spent a while messing around with them. No results, though. It seems to be stuck in Pacific Standard Time.
It would also be nice to have the option to change the text formatting on blog posts.
A few suggestions . . .
A couple of things I would like to do with this app in the future:
1. Upload multiple photos (if this is currently possible, I can't figure it out).
2. Imbed the photos inbetween text, instead of it automatically going to the top. I really don't want to go into my dashboard online to have to change it every time.
Other than these, it's not a bad program. I purchased it at "discount price". To be honest, if it cost more, I don't know that would spend the money.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 06, 2009
- Version: 3.2.6
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yongkai Lei
- © VirtueSoft.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.