Store, send and receive bitcoin with the wallet focus on security and simplicity.
On BlueWallet you own you private keys. A Bitcoin wallet focused on us the users.
You can instantly transact with anyone in the world and transform the financial system right from your pocket.
Create for free unlimited number of bitcoin wallets or access your existing one on your iOS device. It's simple and fast.
Here's what you get:
1 - Security by design
MIT licensed, you can build it and run it on your own! Made with ReactNative
Password which decrypts fake wallets if you are forced to disclose your access
On top of iOS multi-layer encryption, we encrypt everyting with added passwords
SegWit & HD wallets
SegWit supported and HD wallets enable
2 - Focused on your experience
Be in control
Private keys never leave your device. You control your private keys
Starting from 1 Satoshi. Defined by you, the user
(RBF) Speed-up your transactions by increasing the fee (BIP125)
Sentinel wallets new
Watch-only wallets allow you to keep an eye on your cold storage without touching the hardware.
* FIX: all wallets are refreshed when app launches
* FIX: Send BTC should ignore non-onchain wallets* FIX: all wallets are refreshed when app launches
* FIX: correct qr scan when importing lndhub qr backup
* ADD: Finnish translation
* ADD: Turkish translation
* ADD: Greek (EL) localization
* ADD: norwegian translation
* REF: better support for different lndhub uris
* FIX: Send BTC should ignore non-onchain wallets
* FIX: Deeplink would fail sometimes on cold start (#382)
* FIX: Fixed an issue when inserting an address after amount.
* FIX: UI fixes for transactions list
* ADD: Haptic feedbacks on error alerts
* ADD: Read clipboard for transactions
* ADD: Italian language
* FIX: Create button was difficult to press
* ADD: Clipboard detection on app state change to foreground
* FIX: Statusbar restored
* ADD: Broadcast TX using Electrum
* ADD: Blur sensitive views from visibility on app switcher
* FIX: Hide context menu
* FIX: Disable third party keyboard on iOS
* FIX: Disable suggestions
* ADD: Switch Lightning wallets on send screen.
* ADD: If providing an LND address in BTC send screen, throw an error.
* ADD: Chain type in order to determine what type of wallet has been selected.
* FIX: Handle BitPay BIP70 scenarios where schema isnt present.
* ADD: Use Electrum to estimate fee
* FIX: Wallet selection
* FIX: wallets/list pull-to-refresh animation duration
* FIX: Text not displayed correctly #165
* FIX: back button
* FIX: Fix transaction fee for BIP70 payments
* REF: buy bitcoin via redirect
* FIX: Update th_TS
* ADD: Tap, and hold, on balance to display a Copy balance option
* FIX: Send BTC should ignore non-onchain wallets
Ratings and Reviews
Great lightning experience!
This is the first experience I’ve had with lightning and I have to say, they’ve made it very easy to use. Paying invoices is as easy as making a transaction on-chain (scanning a barcode and a couple clicks), but in seconds instead of minutes waiting for confirmation. I have also tested creating invoices and it works flawlessly.
One thing I would like to see in future versions is a way to expand the details of lightning transactions and change/add memos.
I have been playing around tipping projects here and there and reading articles on yalls. It’s an awesome technology that has the potential to fundamentally change electronic transactions in groundbreaking ways.
Stay away!! Not you keys, not your coin.
Any coin you keep in “your” lightning network wallet is no longer your coin. You have an ACOUNT with blue wallet where they keep a tab with how much BTC you have with them. Once your coin is in their possession there is no way with this wallet to get it back. You’d have to use yet another third party service to get your coins back on the block chain. THE WITHDRAW FEATURE DOESN'T WORK. They claim it is coming soon. They have all of your coins and they don’t let you withdraw. Sounds fishy to me.
On top of that, every time I bring this up on reddit I get harassed my their employees and who I suspect are hired advertisers. Daily harassment about my judgement for this wallet.
They are going to exit scam with thousands of dollars, just wait and see. You might only have $5 on your account but times that by thousands and they have a nice scheme going on.
Recommended. Extra security features are a huge plus.
This in my opinion is a great BTC wallet- it’s simple, does what it has to. You control fees. And as the added bonus, you can enable a “dummy” password! That is, should you be in a situation where you must give up your wallet password, you can give them a separate password that’s some purpose is to fake being the “real” password. Brilliant.
Other than that it’s been nice to watch the app grow; I’ve used it since it’s debut here and the dev really puts in his work and consideration.
Perfect as an independent BTC Segwit only wallet!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.