Boogie Chat is a FREE XMPP/Jabber chat client for iPad and iPhone. With Boogie Chat you can join multiple chat rooms to talk with several of your friends or colleagues simultaneously.
The app supports both single user chat and multiple user chat rooms (MUC XEP-0045), and image upload through XEP-0363 (with Dropbox option for servers that do not support image uploads directly)
With Boogie Chat companies can connect to their own internal chat services. Many compatible Jabber servers are OpenSource and can be found freely from the internet allowing for a near zero cost private chat service. The Boogie Chat client is free with an optional in-app purchase to permit multiple accounts and multiple chat rooms.
- Built with Xcode9 / Swift 4
- Full screen design for iPhone X
- Migrated to XMPPFramework 4.0 for better interoperability
- Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Is this a beta??
Could not even sign up. App crashed on me a couple times then said it could not authenticate. Might check what IOS build is was last built off of...
The app works. I can connect to the server and chat with users, as well as, in conference rooms. No push notifications. Which makes it hard to know when you're getting a message.
It's a pretty good app. I wish I can be able to send facebook messages to people even if they are offline. *my biggest wish, to make a client for iMessage & kik*
- Boogie Software Oy
- 48.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Boogie Software Oy
- In-App Purchases
- Multi-Pack, rooms and servers $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.