Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BookMyne™ makes it quick and easy to access your local library on the go! Search your library’s catalog, download items, manage your account, and find suggested reading instantly with your iOS device.
· Search your library catalog: Search for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
· Download items: Download Project Gutenberg books from your library’s catalog for reading on your mobile device.
· Manage your account: Keep track of your account with dynamic notifications and view your checked-out items, holds, fines, and account information.
· Manage your bookshelves: Add books, CDs, DVDs, and other media to your bookshelves for later reading or recommending to friends.
· Find suggested reading: See what your friends have read and recommend with reading recommendations powered by GoodReads. Or check out the latest best-selling and award-winning titles.
· Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book, CD, DVD, or other item at a friend’s house or bookstore and search for available copies at your library.
· Find libraries: Search for libraries by name, address, browse a list of nearby libraries, or find your library on a GPS-enabled interactive map.
Includes French, German, Spanish, and Arabic language versions.
NOTE: This app is only compatible with libraries running SirsiDynix software. Please contact your library if you have any questions about their software setup.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com. Let us know what device and iOS version you’re using and the specific steps leading up to your issue, and we’ll work with you to resolve it.
What's New in Version 3.0.15
Bug fix for library services
Good function, a little disappointment…
This app works with your library and your personal library account (provided the library utilizes the Sirsi system). The search function works, and its generally faster than my library's webpage. I would like it if it would incorporate links within individual records to search for more by author or subject. It would also be great to limit media by type (book, e-book, etc.) The hold function also works very smoothly, and will automatically choose the destination as your designated home library. I haven't really used the e-book or suggested reading functions, so I can't comment on those.
The account feature is handy, and the ability to renew books and modify holds is a plus. The only point that the library website has over this is a third notification category of 'in transit' in addition to the 'waiting' and 'available.' The one big detraction for me is that there is no integration with the iOS notification system, which is what I was hoping for when I downloaded the app. It will show you books due and holds available, but _only_ if you open the app, which doesn't really help this occasionally forgetful borrower.
Ok when it works
I like the app a lot; it allows me to see how many books I have out, when they're due and when my holds come in...it makes handling my library acct very easy...but for some reason it always gets to a point after a few weeks, where the connection with the server times out and the app wont update with any new info about my acct. at first i thought it was more library specific but when i deleted the app and reloaded it it worked fine. I've had to do this 3x already, and each time i have to re-enter all of my info all over again. That part is annoying. If it werent for that it would be a 5-stars.
UPDATE: had to delete and reload app. Have been trying all weekend to reconnect to my library and it keeps saying "unable to acquire session with server". For the hell of it, I tried doing it with several other libraries in other towns...same thing. So this app is now taking up useless memory on my iPhone. Its good when it works, but it is dysfunctional or nonfunctional too often to be worth the bother anymore. Deleting it permanently.
Bookmyne has been very helpful in terms of keeping up w my lists of library materials on hold or checked out. And, it is not as glitchy as were previous versions.
one item I still miss from a prior version was a separate list of books of interest to me (that I wasn't ready to put on active hold yet).
Another thing I miss from previous versions was the numbers of holds cued up before me
Summed up, if you want to search for books from your public library, or put them on a hold, this app would be vital for you.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 3.0.15
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: SirsiDynix
- © Copyright 2011 SirsiDynix. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.