By Leo Mesentsev
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** IS ON SALE **
Top eBook Reader on the Mac.
Supported formats: EPUB, FB2, Microsoft DOC, RTF, RTFd, xHTML, Webarchive and TXT.
- Best Retina support
- Page flipping animation
- Optimized for Lion and Mountain Lion OS
- Exportable Highlighting and Notes
- Text To Speech for vision impaired people
- Very small memory footprint
- BookShelf database with easy metadata management
- Natural two pages viewing mode
- Table Of Contents with crossover hypertext links
- Hypertext links and tooltips to Notes (FB2)
- Text search function
- Fullscreen mode
- Gestures: scrolling, zooming
- Customisable operational keys
- Automatic charset encoding
- Customisable fonts family, sizes, colors, inter row spacing, margins, columns gap, etc
- Customisable book background
- Page flipping sound
- Printing and converting to PDF format
- Leap Motion controller support
IMPORTANT NOTE: This software can not open DRM encrypted e-books due to the law restrictions.
What's New in Version 4.10
If you encountered any problem with BookReader, have any suggestion or feature request, please report them on our tech support site www.macbookreader.com, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll be happy to help.
- Yet better OS X 10.9 support
- Less battery consumption, App Nap support
- Use integrated GPU for OpenGL animations
This e-book reader is the best one that I have tried. The level of customization is great, you can change pretty much anything in terms of the layout of the text on the page. Including the great background colour options, really good for people that prefer to read of cream coloured paper. Over all I would defiantly give this 5 stars and recommend it to anyone looking for a great e-book reader for their mac.
The Best one!!
I am delighted with this reader. It feels exactly right.
Having been through multiple iPad readers (some are really good) I was surprised and delighted to find the best is on my Mac.
The reading experience is just delightful, especially in FULL screen mode.
It is so unobtrusive - the controls are all there, but it takes LESS EFFORT to use them! So it took a few attempts to discover how much is in place with so little interface.
I use this for study and learning. It is good for reading books, highlighting things and making notes re the highlighted bits, and bookmarking, but the search function in large books is quite slow compared to the same books that I saved on my old PC using a CD and then searched them for words and phrases.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 25, 2014
- Version: 4.10
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Leo Mesentsev
- © Copyright 2011 L.Y.Mesentsev, All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor