Brain Challenge® HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best-selling, critically acclaimed brain training franchise arrives on the iPad!
**Pocket Gamer: “If only real-life education could be as fun as this ace brain trainer…” “It's smart, slick and a pleasure to play.”
This complete brain training program comes back with a total coverage of brain activity, a personalized coach to help all brain profiles and iPad optimized gameplay.
Just like your body, your brain needs exercise to stay in shape. Maintaining it simply involves completing small exercises without pain, stress, or boredom. That’s where Brain Challenge™ comes in! It’s like a real vitamin boost for your brain. More than just a game, Brain Challenge is your personal coach and an entertaining, easy solution for keeping your brain alert. With various fun exercises, train your brain whenever and wherever you want on your iPad!
iPAD OPTIMIZED CONTROLS
- An icon to quickly check your stats and percentage of brain usage at any time.
- Larger piano keys for musical mini-games.
THE ONLY COMPREHENSIVE BRAIN TRAINING PARTNER ON THE iPAD
- 43 different mini-games.
- Train in 5 categories: Visual, Memory, Logic, Math and Focus.
- Develop personal tools to help prevent stress and explore your creativity.
INTUITIVE AND ENGAGING GAMEPLAY
- Simply touch the correct answer.
- Monitor your progress with detailed stat charts.
- Rotate the iPad to shift cubes in a unique gravity-based mini-game.
- Transform your iPad into a personal coach and turn brain training into a fun gaming session!
The ideal partner for your personal growth and well-being!
Also available from Gameloft on the iPad: Asphalt 5, Real Soccer 2010, N.O.V.A. - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, NFL 2010, Dungeon Hunter, UNO™, and Let's Golf!
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
Good, not great
Great idea, a fun and relatively productive way to pass the time when I have a few minutes to kill.
It needs some tweaking, though. Some of the games are oddly formatted; for instance, no matter how quickly I answer questions in the "garage" game, I can't get through more than three questions per round. By the time it starts to speed up, the time's up and i have a mediocre score, in spite of answering all questions quickly and correctly.
The graphs tracking progress could use a little more explaining, as they seem to show progress even when I've regressed noticeably in an area. And the graphics could use a boost, particularly in those same graphs--the pixelation makes it pretty obvious they've merely been upscaled from the iPhone version.
All in all, though, a fun collection of mental exercises that just needs some polishing.
My boyfriend put this game on his iPad for me. I have been enjoying improving my brain processes. It's very fun and visually and musically entertaining. Possible ways it could be better would be to add an adjuster for those colorblind men, add the ability to have multiple user profiles saved, add a statistics download feature that showed/converted your charts into a PDF and program the game so that it's accurately using top notch info to calculate the real scores of our IQs.
That way you could be learning and getting real life feedback about your brain. I'm not sure what scores other people are getting, but if only 10% of our brain is supposedly used, I want to be able to play a game so awesome that it is an accurate measuring tool. I don't know how it's programmer, but either way I say get it. *Jennifer
Still has a few flaws
This is generally a fun and challenging brain exercise app, but here's what I don't like about it:
- no support for landscape view on the iPad (this really should be a standard feature)
- some of the results are wrong (how can two motorcycles be heavier than two airplanes?!)
- the German localization is pretty lame (and all the spoken output is still in English anyway)
Other than that it's definitely worth the money if you like to occasionally stimulate those brain cells…! :)
- Category: Games
- Released: Jun 07, 2010
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 96.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2008 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and Brain Challenge™ are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.