Bria - iPad Edition VoIP SIP Phone with Video and Messaging
By CounterPath Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bria iPad Edition is an award-winning SIP-based softphone designed specifically for your iPad – brought to you by CounterPath Corporation, the market leader of desktop and mobile VoIP software and solutions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bria is a standalone softphone and not a VoIP service. A SIP server or subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls.
• Winner of the ITSPA 2012 Most Innovative VoIP Product/Service. For the full list, see http://www.counterpath.com/awards.html
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Purchase in-app Premium Features like Video Calls, Presence and Messaging or audio codecs to enhance your mobile softphone experience
• Pre-defined VoIP and XMPP provider list available when adding new accounts, including Facebook and Gmail for XMPP
• Integration with Facebook to display contacts' latest Facebook status
• Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
• HD audio codecs including G.722, OPUS and SILK
• Supported accessories include headsets and headphones, as well as Bluetooth™ devices
• Available in the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
STANDARD PHONE FEATURES
• Multiple account support for up to 16 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Contact List and Contact Favorites leveraging the device’s native contact directory
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
• Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
• Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.722(HD), iLBC, GSM, OPUS and SILK
• Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
• Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
• VPN support
• Advanced settings that enable users to control network traversal and media options
• Security and encryption via TLS and SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups and call quality statistics
PREMIUM FEATURES – OPTIONAL IN-APP PURCHASE
• Messaging and Presence – with XMPP and SIP SIMPLE support
• Video Calls – using H.264 and VP8 video codecs
• G.729 Audio Codec
• AMR-Wideband Audio Codec
For more information on Bria iPad Edition’s features, please visit: http://www.counterpath.com/bria-ipad-edition.html
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
Bug fixes and other improvements
Useful VoIP Client
Been using Bria for 1.5 months for home office phone with good success. A few crashes and rare network congestion problems but not bad. Not sure the hold function works quite right. Transfer works well. Volume and clarity on iPad are very usable.
Works great and sounds clear
I've been using Bria while working at home all week on the iPad and it has been working excellent. Great sound with the Apple headphones.
Must have app
Great app to have on your iPad. Allows you to work anywhere there is strong wifi. Don't recommend for use with 4g or slower wifi
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 05, 2014
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 20.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: CounterPath Corporation
- © 2010-2013 CounterPath Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- G729 Audio Codec$8.99
- Video Calls$3.99
- Presence and Messaging$3.99
- AMR WB Audio Codec$8.99