Press reviews :
- TheIphoneAppReview.com : 5/5
- AppsOnTapp.com : 4/5
- NineOverTen.com : 4.5/5 "Highly Recommended"
- AppStoreArcade.com : 8/10 (Great) "This is a must have for any bullet-hell enthusiast."
The Game :
April 1970. A military satellite has just located a mysterious asteroid heading straight for the Moon. Impact will be preceded by a meteor shower.
The Apollo shuttle is sent on a mission to the Moon to study this phenomenon and to collect precious minerals contained in the meteorites.
The events that are about to unfold will forevermore alter the future of mankind…
BSquadron is an arcade game (vertical scrolling shoot’em up) brimming with action. You’ll be fighting terrifying enemies on board several vessels, including the mythical Apollo shuttle.
The game’s 3 successive universes offer magnificent original settings and numerous adversaries.
Share your best scores and your achievements with the community using the Game Center.
The original score is the creation of famous composer Jason Graves, to whom we owe the musical themes of console game like Dead Space, Resistance Burning Skies and Might and Magic.
- 11 increasingly difficult levels;
- 3 graphically different universes;
- Numerous weapons and bonuses;
- Numerous enemies and bosses;
- 5 options for piloting the ship (game controllers, direct touch,relative touch, tilt, and virtual joystick);
- 4 levels of difficulty including BULLET HELL;
- Universal application (iPhone/iPod/iPad);
- French and English versions;
- Integration of the Game Center (online Rankings and Achievements);
- Superb original musical score by Jason Graves.
R2MobileStudio is a small, independent French studio consisting of one developer and a host of external consultants who are called in when the projects require their services (graphic designer, musicians…).
The Team :
- B-Squadron was conceived and developed by Régis RIGAL.
- Graphics: Grégoire de Gevigney
- Scores: Jason Graves
- Special sound effects: Clark Crawford
- Corrects a display bug
Ratings and Reviews
Pros & Cons
Pros: This is a vertical shooter in the vein of rFighter or Phoenix. All the Roswell missions are excellent. Graphics and animation are smooth as silk. Great retro War Of The Worlds theme. This game is mostly fun to play.
Cons: The first four Apollo missions are awful. Graphics and animation for this part of the game are dated at best and absolutely no fun whatsoever. Once you get past these opening missions things improve considerably. The options menu while appreciated needs an update. The biggest issue however is that the game crashes. Please fix these issues and I will increase my score.
Conclusion: While this game has issues, if you are a fan of vertical shooters you could certainly do worse.
Have big in app ADs
Failed, just like flappy birds with ads.
Should be banned using NASA trademark lunar shuttle for gaming.
Fun but could use some improvements
This game isn't bad for the price. The graphics are pretty nice, not stellar but pretty good. Main complaints is the loading screen needs some kind of graphic (loading bar/percentage or something) to show the app is loading and not frozen. I really dislike when its just a still screen - I have an older device so when something takes too long to load with a still screen I assume its about to crash. There is also no tutorial or instructions, you have to figure out gameplay yourself. Its not difficult to figure out but I find lack of tutorials/help screens lazy. You can switch the controls which is helpful. Its a pretty simple game, good to kill some time. Love the arcade style to it, just needs a few minor tweaks to make it really be an app worth paying for.
- Regis RIGAL
- 69.6 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © R2MobileStudio
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.